Removable sun canopy

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone.
Has anyone any recommendations regarding removable awning rail su canopies? We had a fixed one on the side of the van for several years, but in later years we found it hard to roll up and very heavy to put back into the bag which was attached to the van via the awning rail.
I must say it was very useful and was great in providing shade.
Thank you in anticipation . Keep safe.
Ginny

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Been wondering too. They are very useful for short stays. Fiamma sell a relatively lightweight one, but I have no idea how robust it is.
I would be keeping it furled on a windy day like today though!

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Isabella Shadow. Really ingenious pole design. I have one we use for overnighting which then goes onto the front of our Capri or Commodore for extra shade when in the S of France

Reactions: JTQ

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Here we Tow have a you tube video for a Maypole Universal Sun canopy. Looks awful to me but they seemed to like it.
Mel

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi
We have a fiamma caravanstore canopy in a soft bag it can be left on the van in situ whilst travelling or as we do remove from van and roll into its bag on the ground and carry inside van, as for using in windy conditions as long as the legs are anchored with ground pegs and guy ropes used not a problem you can also lower the side of the canopy facing the wind in my opinion its more secure than an awning

Reactions: PTA
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We have a Fiamma Caravanstore, had one years, we think they are so good got rid of the full awning and the porch, we have the front and sides for ours very flexible/versatile to how we use it. ie, front in, side(s) in depends on the weather and wind direction.

Attachments

• DSC05268.JPG
    DSC05268.JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 6
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used Fiamma Caravansto for some years and found them good and durable. particularly after adding ‘rafters’ and a tiedown strap over the top.
However they need considerable effort to roll up and secure and ideal you need to be reasonably tall to do this - I’m around 6ft. But now at 84 it’s just too heavy and risky in anything othe than flat calm and I’ve replaced it with a Thule Omnistor wind out unit fixed to the roof with adhesive. This after considerable help and advice from another Forum member. The adhesive method is approved by the manufacturers and avoids holes in the caravan roof and visible fastenings inside.It winds in and out very easily, the legs fold up into the unit and a tie down strap fits into the support legs. With two people you should be able to errect or retract in well less than 5 minutes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have used Fiamma Caravansto for some years and found them good and durable. particularly after adding ‘rafters’ and a tiedown strap over the top.
However they need considerable effort to roll up and secure and ideal you need to be reasonably tall to do this - I’m around 6ft. But now at 84 it’s just too heavy and risky in anything othe than flat calm and I’ve replaced it with a Thule Omnistor wind out unit fixed to the roof with adhesive. This after considerable help and advice from another Forum member. The adhesive method is approved by the manufacturers and avoids holes in the caravan roof and visible fastenings inside.It winds in and out very easily, the legs fold up into the unit and a tie down strap fits into the support legs. With two people you should be able to errect or retract in well less than 5 minutes.
i would say it depends on price the Vango Poled sun canopy £70
and also it depends on what there budget is ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts