Removal of oven and fridge?

Jul 23, 2022
Visit site
Hello!
I have purchased a Abi Dalesman caravan, I do not need to use the oven or fridge. Would it be possible for me to remove them to create more space without causing any damage?

Any advance would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum but if you take the oven and fridge out where is your milk, and margarine anything else you might need going to go.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My thoughts are that if you wish to sell it or trade it in at some point you may have issues. Caravans normally have more than enough cupboards so not sure why you would want to remove fridge and oven. Gas pipes will need to be isolated.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is no problem in taking these things out provided the gas is sealed off and removing the oven would certainly reduce the weight. Living without a fridge though is not something I would want to do, our first caravan did not have one and it makes life very difficult keeping perishables fresh. I would try a trip away in hot weather with the fridge turned off to see if you really want to live without it.
It would also be difficult to match the cupboard fronts as the cooker and fridge are likely to leave a hole larger than any cupboard fronts you can find and you will probably have to replace the worktop if it has a free standing cooker, although if you have the ability you might find something you can adapt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts