Remove window

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Morning All.

My friend has a 2000 year Coachman Amara 450/2 and has just discovered that the small front window has delaminated completely.

The problem is I can’t removed the window, having lifted it as far as it will go it won’t unhook from the rail and as the windows sit in a recess it won’t slide out either.

Ive seen other posts where it been suggested that the rail should be removed, now what I need to know is how….

How do I remove the rail, I can’t see any “fixings” , any help would be appreciated.

My friends are both in their late 70’s and purchasing a new replacement window is expensive.

Thank you for your time.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......you need to lift the window to a more horizontal position before it will release from the rail.
There is a sweet spot around this position....too high or too low then it won't release.

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
......you need to lift the window to a more horizontal position before it will release from the rail.
There is a sweet spot around this position....too high or too low then it won't release.

I’ve tried this and it just won’t release the window, on another forum someone said that Coachman windows don’t release this way….however I will go and give it another try.

Cheers.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Erflady, the way Gafferbill describes, is the way my dealer replaced my 2010 Coachman 545 front middle window.

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I took a window out of my old van to replace the rubber seal and sure I had to unscrew from the rail ... ??

GAS ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts