Removing fine scratches from caravan acrylic windows.

Jul 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi all!
Whats the best way to remove fine circular scratches from our caravan acrylic tinted windows please? I dryed the windows after washing them with a towel and that may of caused the scratches? So far our dealer has recommended a fine cutting polish or to use Fenwicks Windowize and soft cotton cloth. Would it be better to do by hand with patience or buy a buffer pad and do by battery drill? Many thanks. ST

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all!
Whats the best way to remove fine circular scratches from our caravan acrylic tinted windows please? I dryed the windows after washing them with a towel and that may of caused the scratches? So far our dealer has recommended a fine cutting polish or to use Fenwicks Windowize and soft cotton cloth. Would it be better to do by hand with patience or buy a buffer pad and do by battery drill? Many thanks. ST
I’ve used Fenwicks and did it gently by hand.
Also used Quixx20 on a car headlamp and that too was good. Just take it gently with frequent inspection of progress.

Reactions: Slowtow
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
When my side window was attacked by a passing twig (!) leaving a single horizontal scratch I removed it using Care-a-van caravan polish, by hand using circular motions with a clean microfibre cloth. If the window is more generally scratched probably Fenwicks will be best to do the job. I would suggest never using a mop head in drill as with your hands you have better control over the pressure and any unwanted heat being generated.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Toothpaste does a reasonable job! Used with a soft cloth and a circular motion.

Dometic do (an expensive) kit to remove scratches from windows.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There is a good review of Vuplex on You tube. It doesn’t remove scratches but does reduce the appearance.

Also Dan Trudgian does a good video on removing scratches:

Mel
Strange as it removed all the scratches off our windows? Maybe they never sued it properly. Looking through the window with sun shining in scratches were very obvious. After giving window a good rub with Vuplux checking the next day, no more scratches. Also helps prevent light scratches from when cleaning window with cloths i.e. swirl marks.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Strange as it removed all the scratches off our windows? Maybe they never sued it properly. Looking through the window with sun shining in scratches were very obvious. After giving window a good rub with Vuplux checking the next day, no more scratches. Also helps prevent light scratches from when cleaning window with cloths i.e. swirl marks.
I haven’t used it Buckman. Just going by the review which was clear about how the product functioned. Similar to your experience, the video demonstrated scratches going from obvious to not being visible. Presumably didn’t remove the scratches but changed the way light bounced off them so that they were more difficult to see.
mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I also use Fenwicks windowowize scratch remover apply a little bit on to a soft cloth on some light scratches on our caravan after a little elbow grease the scratches have disappeared very happy with the result

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts