Repeated need to ACCEPT privacy notice

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Every time i go from one post to another I get the notice "We value your privacy" and then have to click ACCEPT. Is anyone else having this problem. I am using Apple IOS and OSX devices. Very annoying.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I receive some sort of privacy notice everytime that I log in to this and most other websites that I subscribe to, its another EU diktat I believe.
I dont have any problems when switching between topics on PCv after I'm logged in, but I'm usually looking at Recent Topics to see new forum content

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
I receive some sort of privacy notice everytime that I log in to this and most other websites that I subscribe to, its another EU diktat I believe.
I dont have any problems when switching between topics on PCv after I'm logged in, but I'm usually looking at Recent Topics to see new forum content

Parksy
I’m only switching between Recent Topics too.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I only have to accept again after Logging out of the site, when I log in again. Using a Samsung Tablet using Android.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The privacy box that comes up (not vey often in my case) does have the option to Reject, although it is not highlighted.
I originally looked at all the "things" that accepting involved and switched them all to OFF, however I found later that if you select Reject, it automatically switches them off .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
The box comes up sometimes when I log in but then goes without me doing anything.

Oh dear it’s back again on the MAC. Every time I move between topics up it comes. Tried Damian’s advice but no improvement. Signing out and back in makes no difference. Time to delve into MAC Safari preferences and tweak caches and cookie settings.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Done everything that I can think of but on MAC OSX Mojave I am still having to Accept every time I click onto topic, and then again when I return to Recent Topics or another area of the website. Ive signed out several times but no change. It is the only website that causes me problem, other forums work perfectly as do the online newspapers including international ones.

Perhaps AlantheAlien could see if the web gurus have any ideas.

PS just signed back in as even when i signed out up came the We value you privacy, Other Options or I Accept. I value mt time more than privacy as time is a non renewable commodity. :evil:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am chuffed to bits that now I have updated my MAC to OS Catalina I only have the "I Accept" coming up on login, or if i have not used the Forum for a couple of hours or more. Is it Catalina or have PC made some changes..... dont really care, but its working okay now.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Alan the Alien contacted Damian and myself to find out if there were any technical log in or registration issues that we were aware of.
I added a forum post, you responded and I forwarded links to the post.
Alen the Alien assured me that he'd look into the privacy notice issue and he clearly isn't a man to let the grass grow under his feet.
Result!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Alan the Alien contacted Damian and myself to find out if there were any technical log in or registration issues that we were aware of.
I added a forum post, you responded and I forwarded links to the post.
Alen the Alien assured me that he'd look into the privacy notice issue and he clearly isn't a man to let the grass grow under his feet.
Result!

Parksy
Please pass on my thanks to all who helped to resolve the problem. I can now remove the plaster from my right hand index finger.
Thanks. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts