Replacement lightweight awning

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our Issy Magnum is now getting a bit much for us to handle due to weight issues. We are now in the market for a decent lightweight poled porch awning that will not cost an arm and a leg. We would want rear poles with it so that it can go as tight as possible against the caravan wall. be nice if that was padded. We will hang onto the Issy in case we need to go seasonal within the next year or three.

What brand and model of poled porch lightweight awning have you had in the past that you have found to be real value for money i.e. after 2-3 years still going strong despite being used frequently. Thanks for any input.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had a Dorema Quattro poled awning. It had rear poles. I think the size was 225 which we found sufficient fir the two of us, and quite okay when we had our granddaughter too. I belive there’s a slightly longer one at 275. The material wasn’t ultra lightweight being Tencate, but it didn’t suffer condensation in cooler weather, and had no problem defeating Storm Elenor in Cornwall one new year.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Quattro is a bit more than we would like to pay and may be as heavy as the Magnum. I cannot find info on weight of various Quattro. The Dorema Starcamp is lightweight, but cannot find weight or UV rating.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Quattro is a bit more than we would like to pay and may be as heavy as the Magnum. I cannot find info on weight of various Quattro. The Dorema Starcamp is lightweight, but cannot find weight or UV rating.
There are specifications on the Dorema web site or if you Google Dorema Quattro 225 you will see some EBay suppliers who give every last detail in the description. These are new ones. We had a Magnum and it is heavier than a Quattro because it’s pretty well the same type of material and larger.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Buckman , you have asked for a Lightweight awning, I have one of these.
Carbon lite.
I have had it for 5 years now a lovely light awning , a mix of Alloy and Carbon poles.

20190617_181216~2.jpg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Another view, It does have padded poles at the back, used for over three years all round in France.
View attachment 4673
Thanks Hutch and that is the sort of lightweight we are looking for. How many poles does it have and are the poles fibre or aluminium?
Although the link states "In stock" you cannot buy Online and checking Outdoor Revolution website it seems that now they only do porch air awnings?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Hutch and that is the sort of lightweight we are looking for. How many poles does it have and are the poles fibre or aluminium?
Although the link states "In stock" you cannot buy Online and checking Outdoor Revolution website it seems that now they only do porch air awnings?
The front and top three main supports are carbon fibre, and the cross poles and two side poles from the top corners to the bottom of the side doors are alloy.
A bit harder and slightly heavier to put up than the small porch air awning that we use for short 3 day trips.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The front and top three main supports are carbon fibre, and the cross poles and two side poles from the top corners to the bottom of the side doors are alloy.
A bit harder and slightly heavier to put up than the small porch air awning that we use for short 3 day trips.
Our air porch awning is 220 and is just that bit too small., but easy to pack away. Ideally we would be looking at about 300 - 360 size with weight about 10-15kg. Our Isabella Magnum without panels is 22kg.

OH used to do most of the hard work folding up the awning, but with her current issues and drop foot it is now difficult for both of us hence the need for something lightweight, but also a bit robust as we generally always erect the awning when out and about. Unfortunately a larger air is probably out of the question for us due to weight issues. The Outdoor revolution Eden air 260 is just that bit too small and the 390 is a bit too big and it weighs over 16kg. Shame they no longer do poled awnings as our previous Outdoor Revolution was excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts