Replacement Rechargable Carbon Filters

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
The time has come to replace the Aquasmart WF3000 water filter.
Has anyone used a rechargeable filter as a replacement - are they any good.

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I know it's annoying when people don't answer the question!

But when the frequent replacement costs became silly I stopped using them. I removed the contents of an old filter and put a few glass marbles in their place for weight before refitting the base.

There was already a metal gauze particle filter in-line by the pump and many other new vans don't seem to use replaceable filters anyway, so I felt it was a reasonable thing to do. Used it like this with the usual regular sterilisation procedure after a long layup. Over 8 years no problems and everything was fine.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Steve,
Good answer ! thanks.Personally I don't see the need for water filters and your idea of using marbles is excellent for weighing down the filter housing.
The filter came with the van ( 3 years ago ) and has been in use ever since but have been finding lately the pump seems to be affected by the attitude of the filter in the barrel (horizontal/vertical).Seems to pump a lot of air mixed in the water,after some messing about becomes ok.
I think (could be wrong ) the pump works better when the filter housing is vertical.

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Usual problem is plugging into the caravan before submerging the filter. This traps air in the filter so it tries to float. Dangle the filter/housing in the water first and swish it up and down a bit. Then plug into the caravan.

Other ideas I've seen to force the filter upright is to slide a piece of white plastic waste pipe into the Aquaroll with a notch sawn out of the bottom of the pipe to prevent it sealing at the bottom, and then slide the filter into that pipe.

Alternatively of course - fill the filter with marbles!!

Whale advise their filters are changed every 1 to 3 months depending on use. I certainly wouldn't keep using one after 3 years as they can harbour all sorts of bacteria.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts