replacing window seals

Jun 15, 2006
Visit site
I have just started caravanning and need to replace all the window seals. I intend to do them one at a time over a period of time. I will purchase the black seals do you have any addresses of suppliers. How do I remove any of the old seal from the window and bodywork without damaging the windows ? When I fit the new rubber seals do I make the joint at the top, side or bottom and should I seal the joint with ? silicone or other sealer

I have a 1993 Swift Challenger 470SE

Roger Gauler .

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Roger, through other threds on this web site I came across this other website which might be of use. I plan to change mine band am currently looking for a supplier.

http://hp-h.com/p/wizard41/
click on the window reseal
Hi Roger, To remove the window seals you ned to remove the window fittings from the frame, then remove the insert from the window rubber's,you should see a series of staples,remove these then ease the exsiting rubbers from the frame work of the van.You should be able to obtain new seals from www.seals-direct.co.uk. Take note there are two different widths, the new seals will com with a bead of sealant in place, then just reverse the above process, staple in place with the join at the top, the most difficult bit i find is refitting the insert.Take it slowly and carefully and you'll be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts