Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
Took my caravan to my home plugged in the cable no problem with electrics , then all of a sudden it will change from normal to reverse polarity then switch back to normal then back again
Swift Challanger 2018

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Took my caravan to my home plugged in the cable no problem with electrics , then all of a sudden it will change from normal to reverse polarity then switch back to normal then back again
Swift Challanger 2018

On a slightly different tack, it is not wise to put your email address on an online forum...( too many folks/spambots) willing to send you all sorts of unsolicited stuff.

I recommend you change your nic, but if you find you can't then ask Parksy or Damian ( forum moderators) to alter it for you.
Regards ( and of course, Happy caravanning)
paws

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In relation to the problem the OP has, If I have understood it correctly the power supply apparently changes polarity al by its self with no intervention by the user. I presume the OP is looking at the caravans Polarity indicator, as there is usualy nothing in the house that would give such an indication.

I doubt the polarity in the house changes, its more likely a fault in the caravan.

The fact the OP has found it necessary to ask this question suggests they do not have electrical qualifications so, either way its a job for a professional.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum
You have not said how long you have had the caravan and if it has worked OK before, I think with more information more help could be given.,also change your user name for your own protection!! due to scammers and junk mail

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum
You have not said how long you have had the caravan and if it has worked OK before, I think with more information more help could be given.,also change your user name for your own protection!! due to scammers and junk mail
Hi yes had the caravan for 3 months worked fine, went into knowpark and the control panel got an update, noticed the lights were flashing now and then, yesterday it kept changing polarity

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i had a problem with my electrics on my caravan and found the caravan electric hook up cable that came with van was not right.
So now i have got this caravan hook up cable 25m 16A 2.5mm heavy duty
So far everything has been fine .

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
How do you know it is changing polarity ? It sounds like 12 v it is switching on and off , I suspect that you are drawing too much current in the van , the lights are off 12v not 240 v the polarity swings are 12v dropping , have you left a water pump on or something ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts