Roof cover / TV aerial / black residue

Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi,
Getting the caravan ready for the new season and would appreciate advice on the following:
1. Roof cover - the caravan will be stored at a Camping & Caravan club site throughout the season and used frequently, however the storage area is under trees and in the past this has caused a lot of deposits on the roof that are difficult to remove. Thought a roof cover may help? Looked at Protec but it needs a usable awning channel on both sides.Got thi,s but one side does not have an entry point to access. Any advice on roof covers?
2. Can anyone recommend a good TV and aerial for simple free view television in a caravan? Our existing TV was analouge so I guess it is no use this year.
3. Getting a black residue in the porta pot flush despite using the pink Thetford aqua rinse - anyone else get this?
Thanks
Bernard

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Number one and two I can't comment on as never used a cover of any description and we never take the television. As far as number three goes, yes the pink is the cause!! Keep flushing through use some milton to help it along and stop using the pink!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Like Martin cant help with No 1
No 2 what is the problem with ariel you already have, there is no such thing as a digital ariel if this is what you are worried about, it was/is a money making sheme to get all and sundry to buy new ariels. I might be wrong but think the Tv may work as well I have an old portable in our bedroom which was analogue and it still works, Would try both before changing just for changing sake, or do you want a nice new flat screen
smiley-smile.gif

No3 I had the same problem in my old van and no matter what I did I could not clear it completly
smiley-frown.gif
although it did get bettter as time went on. So decided with the current van not to use any pink at all just water, but eventually the aroma's in the little room got the better of me and I was advised and changed to this havent had any probs to date.( and cheaper)
But I would take Martins advice and not use any for a while to see if the system will flush itself out
Good luck

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Bernard,

Assuming you are looking at the TV from the point of view of having built in Freeview, then we have a Tecknika, Tesco own brand. Works perfectly well, both on the van aerial or on a hook up aerial where available. It also has a built in DVD player, so one less bit of kit to carry. The only limitation is that it's mains only, but that's not an issue for us as we never go 'wild'.

Price will depend on size, DVD etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts