rover 75 tourer

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Having been new to towing last year i have gone through several cars which i didnt find appealing to tow with for various reasons,firstly a 2.o hdi picasso and then an old discovery,i know have a rover 75 tourer 2.0 diesel,6 yrs old and was wondering if anyone can shed any light on the capabilities or lack of,on this car...it will (hopefully) be towing an Abbey 214gts..thanks in advance

Mark

Jan 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark.Just got rid of my Rover 75 2.0d 51 plate.Towed my amara 452 no problem bit slow setting off but once rolling okay .I think the nose weight is 112kg.Watch out for rain collecting in the engine bay.Just by the bonnet hinges there is arubber grommet keep them clear also the plastic cowling by the wiper blade motors take it off and look inside this collects water the ECU is down there.Apart from that lovely to drive .Reason for getting rid good trade in price for a Hyundia Tucson 2.0td. Wayne

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark.Just got rid of my Rover 75 2.0d 51 plate.Towed my amara 452 no problem bit slow setting off but once rolling okay .I think the nose weight is 112kg.Watch out for rain collecting in the engine bay.Just by the bonnet hinges there is arubber grommet keep them clear also the plastic cowling by the wiper blade motors take it off and look inside this collects water the ECU is down there.Apart from that lovely to drive .Reason for getting rid good trade in price for a Hyundia Tucson 2.0td. Wayne
thanks for the positive feedback wayne...must admit it is a great drive and feel very solid and chunky with great road holding...roll on march where it will be put to the test!!

Mark

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark

I had a Rover 75 Tourer 2 litre diesel as a company car but could not use it to tow with. It was a very comfortable car and was trouble free for the 3 years and 95K miles I had it except it had a habit of getting through light bulbs. Other company cars of same ilk also had same problem

Regards

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts