Sad news

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I’m very sorry to say that a valued long term forum member who will be fondly remembered by many of us on this forum has recently passed away.
Martin Bailey who on this forum was
‘Martin 24’ and known by Woosie Club members as ‘Sir Outnumbered 4:1’ died of pneumonia at Hull Royal Infirmiary last week.
Martin had been an active member of Practical Caravan forum since at least 2012 and he last contributed to our message boards earlier this year.
Regular Practical Caravan magazine subscribers may remember the pictures of the wedding of Martin and Jenny, his charming bride which were printed in the magazine.
Martin was an indomitable character, always friendly and good humoured, always kind and helpful, both in person and on this forum.
He had been widowed with his young daughter, and when he and Jenny married, Jenny’s two young daughters became Martin’s step daughters.
They often went away together as a family in their caravan, but Martin was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which at times made life difficult for Martin, Jenny and their family.
Martin had a broad base of knowledge about caravanning with a disability, and many of us were fortunate and privileged to meet Martin and Jenny when they came to the Woosiefests, forum get togethers on various caravan parks throughout the country.
Martin was an active campaigner for disability rights, he battled honourably and nobly to the end.
He had stayed in contact with Woosie friends and his door was always open to any forumite who was in his area.
Thanks to Dustydog for sharing this sad news after Martin’s widow had written to him yesterday.
I’m sure that forum members will join me in sending sincere condolences to Jenny and to Martin’s family.
May he rest in eternal peace.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the post. I enjoyed reading his various posts, and how he still got on with things despite his MS. My condolences to Martin’s wife and family.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Very sorry to read this , Martin was a valued contributor to the Forum and will be missed.

Sadly this is one trip we all have to make.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......very very sad news.

He was a truly inspirational caravanner and human being and I consider it a privilege to have met and known him and his lovely wife.
I hope Jenny and daughters can overcome their grief in the fullness of time.

Bill.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin was an happy go lucky infectious person, he always had a smile on his face and was a pleasure to have both met and indeed to have known him.
Mags and I have sent Jenny our condolences and our wish is both her and the girls overcome there grief in time.

Just a fond memory, we were at a Woosie fest up in Yorkshire and bear in mind Martin didnt really drink normally, but the cheeky chappie kept sipping on Jenny's drink every time she looked away , I hadnt the heart to stop him and he woke the next day with a hangover.
RIP Martin, you will be missed.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Martin was a breath of fresh air , slightly younger than most but well versed in life’s tragedies. He brought real humour and pleasure to the Woosies and Forum. No complaining. His marriage to Jenny was wonderful. Lovely children and an overwhelming desire to enjoy all aspects of caravanning. He had that dry sense of humour that always brought a smile . A pleasure to be with . Not that long ago as the MS took hold he had plans for a 4x4 wheeel chair. Ironically his current one caught fire a few weeks ago and he was fighting vehemently for a top drawer replacement .
if ever I was stuck in a lift I’d love to be with Martin. Funny and ever the optimist.RIP my good friend❤️❤️

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It was so sad to hear about Martins passing away, he fought so hard for the disabled people, a real champion. Our condolensenses to Jenny and the Girls.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Several replies to this topic have been removed, starting with the necroposter raising a topic which is over a year old, followed by others replying to this raised post and had already posted their condolences a year ago.

The necroposter has been banned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts