Safety Recall: Tower Pressure Cookers

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nothing to do with caravans, unless you use a Tower Pressure Cooker or Digital Multi Cooker

There is a safety recall on certain models of pressure cookers and Digital Multi Cooker because of a risk of steam escaping where it should not.

If your pressure cooker is one of the affected, Tower want it back and will replace with a new unit.

Information here: https://www.towerhousewares.co.uk/recalls-safety-notices-i30

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nothing to do with caravans, unless you use a Tower Pressure Cooker or Digital Multi Cooker

There is a safety recall on certain models of pressure cookers and Digital Multi Cooker because of a risk of steam escaping where it should not.

If your pressure cooker is one of the affected, Tower want it back and will replace with a new unit.

Information here: https://www.towerhousewares.co.uk/recalls-safety-notices-i30

Thank you we have one. Only had it 12 months. Replaced our old 30+ Prestige model which I still thought was quite okay.

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity, I have bought mine on Amazon in 2018 and have just found out that it had been recalled because I was looking for spare parts. Neither Amazon nor Tower have contacted me about the recall. I have contacted Amazon and they have recognized the issue and asked me to return the item.

But this isn't what I wanted to do, all I wanted at this stage was a decent sort of communication asking for that, rather than me triggering the contact. When in touch with Citizen Advisor, they said that none of them are obliged to do that.

Really?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity, I have bought mine on Amazon in 2018 and have just found out that it had been recalled because I was looking for spare parts. Neither Amazon nor Tower have contacted me about the recall. I have contacted Amazon and they have recognized the issue and asked me to return the item.

But this isn't what I wanted to do, all I wanted at this stage was a decent sort of communication asking for that, rather than me triggering the contact. When in touch with Citizen Advisor, they said that none of them are obliged to do that.

Really?
Tower website allows you to register it for a replacement. We received our without any problem. There wasn’t any recall communication from Tower even though ours was registered when purchased via Amazon. But they did do recall notices in newspapers etc.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys,

Really?

I am the one who brought this recall to the Forum having found by chance that there was a recall on the items in question.

As far as your case is concerned, I dont know what you want, you have found that there is a recall so just register the details on the Tower website as in the attachment in my first post and follow on from there.

As far as I know shops selling items do not have to pass on the details of the purchaser , and just because you may have registered the warranty does not mean that you are still living at the same address some time later.

Communication from Tower was slow but that was because they were caught out by the Covid situation as the pressure cookers are made in Wuhan, which is where it all began and nothing was allowed in or out for some considerable time.

There is no point trying to make something out of nothing, everything has changed over the time Covid became the big problem.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am the one who brought this recall to the Forum having found by chance that there was a recall on the items in question.

As far as your case is concerned, I dont know what you want, you have found that there is a recall so just register the details on the Tower website as in the attachment in my first post and follow on from there.

As far as I know shops selling items do not have to pass on the details of the purchaser , and just because you may have registered the warranty does not mean that you are still living at the same address some time later.

Communication from Tower was slow but that was because they were caught out by the Covid situation as the pressure cookers are made in Wuhan, which is where it all began and nothing was allowed in or out for some considerable time.

There is no point trying to make something out of nothing, everything has changed over the time Covid became the big problem.

Both understand and fully agree. But disappointed that in OC’s case, despite registering, no attempt was made to contact him. Whether obliged to or not, seems that that would be the obvious thing to do.

John

Reactions: murillobraga
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Both understand and fully agree. But disappointed that in OC’s case, despite registering, no attempt was made to contact him. Whether obliged to or not, seems that that would be the obvious thing to do.

John

I registered for the warranty at the time of purchase. When I registered for the recall I received an acknowledgment and was updated as the replace item arrived in UK plus provided the free post return label and information with which to return the old one. If I telephoned Tower they were very good in giving information. The delay due to Covid affecting supply of the new unit wasnt Towers fault.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I only registers for the warranty at the time of purchase. When registered for the recall I received an acknowledgment and was updated as the replace item arrived in UK plus provided the free post information with which to return the old one. If I telephoned Tower they were very good in giving information. The delay due to Covid affecting supply of the new unit wasnt Towers fault.

I can understand why there isn’t a legal obligation on companies to directly inform owners. I think I am right in saying that there is an accepted series of methods to inform the public. Not sure though how this is enshrined in law.

I have a safety recall on my car at present. It’s 7 years old and I am the second owner. But Volvo contacted me directly. It makes me wonder if that would have happened if I had not purchased from a franchised dealer.

Not for a moment suggesting that Tower did anything wrong, just that they missed an opportunity to drop an email to those who bothered to register. Perhaps from a moral point of view. Or just to demonstrate to a coroner that they had made every reasonable attempt if the stuff should hit the fan.

I am only being inquisitive. Particularly as some of our grandchildren bought us an Instant Pot for Christmas.

If nothing else, it demonstrates that we all need to keep an eye open for any recalls, particularly on items with a safety aspect. So thank you Damien for doing so.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I can understand why there isn’t a legal obligation on companies to directly inform owners. I think I am right in saying that there is an accepted series of methods to inform the public. Not sure though how this is enshrined in law.

I have a safety recall on my car at present. It’s 7 years old and I am the second owner. But Volvo contacted me directly. It makes me wonder if that would have happened if I had not purchased from a franchised dealer.

Not for a moment suggesting that Tower did anything wrong, just that they missed an opportunity to drop an email to those who bothered to register. Perhaps from a moral point of view. Or just to demonstrate to a coroner that they had made every reasonable attempt if the stuff should hit the fan.

I am only being inquisitive. Particularly as some of our grandchildren bought us an Instant Pot for Christmas.

If nothing else, it demonstrates that we all need to keep an eye open for any recalls, particularly on items with a safety aspect. So thank you Damien for doing so.

John

We had a Nissan Note bought from a Citroen Peugeot dealership. We never had it serviced by any Nissan dealership but received a recall notification from Nissan to have the airbag pretensioner replaced. Assume Nissan obtained our details from DVSA

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We had a Nissan Note bought from a Citroen Peugeot dealership. We never had it serviced by any Nissan dealership but received a recall notification from Nissan to have the airbag pretensioner replaced. Assume Nissan obtained our details from DVSA

How very strange, my present recall is for a pretensioner.

I never thought about the DVSA angle. Data protection might allow them to pass on name and address data, unless, the DVSA do the mailing as a paid for service.

More info here.

F4CD8CA9-674E-47E1-ABCA-95F023D71222.png

Interesting that it says “traders WISHING”. Indicating that its optional.

But for vehicular recalls refers to the DVSA.

John

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
How very strange, my present recall is for a pretensioner.

I never thought about the DVSA angle. Data protection might allow them to pass on name and address data, unless, the DVSA do the mailing as a paid for service.

More info here.

View attachment 1056

Interesting that it says “traders WISHING”. Indicating that its optional.

But for vehicular recalls refers to the DVSA.

John

The pyro pretensioner was a global recall affecting a lot of manufacturers as they were produced primarily by a single Japanese company. Our Note had its pretensioners for both front airbags replaced in early 2018.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The pyro pretensioner was a global recall affecting a lot of manufacturers as they were produced primarily by a single Japanese company. Our Note had its pretensioners for both front airbags replaced in early 2018.

Mine was only recalled in Sept. Delayed due first to Volvo needing to design and manufacture a replacement. And second due to covid import delays.

Odd thing is the dealer thinks the old one looks fine, but to cover themselves, the have fitted one from a later model.

If they feel that that is safe, why not just leave things as they are?

When Volvo notified me at the beginning of Sept. I was told to make a booking foer December. But the pictures and wording of the recall caused me to question it. The Dealer agreed with me and had a look. At first they said they could not return the car to me on safety grounds, but would provide a curtesy car. As we had just booked our only caravan trip I asked if the could supply a toe car. That’s caused a problem. I imagined a nice new V90. Or similar. Until December. But they had nothing. After a bit of soul searching they did a proper examination of my old unit. They found nothing wrong so allowed me to use my car. When I returned, they put a later unit on. That’s what I still have waiting for the replacement which is supposedly stuck in transit.

So unlikely to be for the same reason as Nissan, unless Volvo are very slow in their recalls.

John

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian
i have tried to open your link . It says there are no results.

Hi Dusty, thanks for the heads up.

I have looked at it just now and done some more searching to find the recall was first reported in February 2019, so I guess time has passed and that link has been removed from the Tower website.

So,,,,,,any owners need to contact Tower directly from now on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts