sandringham cc site and area , any body been

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
The site is excellent, one of the best.

The area , apart from Sandringham house is dull, dull, dull.

The Beaches are OK Sherringham Cromer, but Hunstanton, went once, never again, bleak, dull , boring beach of just mud right into the distance.

The woods are great, the dogs loved them but watch for ticks and @!%*$ who do not pick up after their dogs on the paths.

We would go again, but just for a long weekend, great for watching the RAF Jets do fly pasts mid morning, very exciting, but some dull people moaned about the noise from them for the 30 odd mins they are about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi jo anne.

Great site we never use as live a few miles away.

Some good walks including Wolferton and Dersingham Bog area.

Hunstanton is a great beach. Good walks along the coast path from Hunstanton to Cromer.

Some decent pubs at Thornham and along the coast.

Creeks and bays at thornham, Morston, Blakeny and Brancaster to name a few.

I thinkHugh must have been thinking of Heacham or Snettisham beaches certainly not Hunstanton.

Done 3 good walks that way since Christmas

RSPB sites at Snettisham and Titchwell.

area not bad for cycling.

Can get local walks from EDP24 www site look under Norfolk walks

We find lots til do now until we get the van out again.

We had our last trip in December then catch up locally til March.

North Norfolk Coast really good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo, we stay at the club site above alot, when their for Xmas all thro the year it lovely to see change of colour of tree weather ect you can go to old Hunstandton and park you car just outside the old light house near the double yellow line for free then walk down to the beach with the dogs for miles and not see a sole it lovely, for the best fish+chip in Hunstandton is Fisher the green fish+chip shop, Enjoy it Trevor

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Don't know the CC site - but we've used the C&CC site (next door), several times. We love it.

Depends what you're after I guess - but if you like unspoilt, well cared for countryside with wildlife in abundance (Muntjack deer, Barn Owls etc) then you've come to the right place.

The whole area is phenomenal. Truly awesome. Hunstanton gives you the kiddie-kick that the young ones need. Cromer is a lovely, as yet unspoilt Victorian seaside resort (now minus its Woolworths!).

Go. You'll love it.

As someone else said - Wolferton/Dersingham Bog is amazing - the inland cliff denoting where the sea level was once upon a time...awesome.

Mac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Caravan Channel had the C & CC site as its favourite site reviewd last year

We have been there several times and prefer it to the adjacent CC site which seems much more in regular shaped pitches than the C & Cc site which is very open with lots of trees

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
That doesn't surprise me one bit. It's a great site - especially if you pitch on the area just after the reception. The site becomes a bit more uniform further down, which I don't particularly like.

It's quite a large site - 275 pitches if I'm not mistaken - and gets a lot of families in the summer, so keep well away from the play areas!

Mac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As has been said before the site is excellent. It is also one of the best sites we have been to for dogs. You can walk of into the woods for miles. Our favourite walk was to the Sandringham visitor center for refreshments and then back to the site, a good couple of hours strole. As for the surrounding area, it is good with plenty of attractions. I must admit though we prefer the coast from Wells around to Winterton. Well worth a visit a though.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
As has been said before the site is excellent. It is also one of the best sites we have been to for dogs. You can walk of into the woods for miles. Our favourite walk was to the Sandringham visitor center for refreshments and then back to the site, a good couple of hours strole. As for the surrounding area, it is good with plenty of attractions. I must admit though we prefer the coast from Wells around to Winterton. Well worth a visit a though.
hello, im glad to see the comments from julian, literally as you must have been adding to the chat, i went and booked for 3 days in feb , came back to add my bit and the info on the dogs is very much appreciated, we have 2 old english sheepdogs, (dulux), who need good walks, im so glad i booked now, cant wait to go. some years ago we stayed on the c&cc site, so thought we would give this one a turn. so joanne if you want an up date we go in feb, i will report back.regards ED

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All comments re dog walking apply to both sites as they are adjacent to one another.Have a nice holiday

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts