SandyBalls

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi we are booked to go to SB at Easter. It is fairly expensive for a week but we thought we would give it a try as there seems to be mixrd reviews. We are on the Northfield part of the site. Can anyone tell me what its like ? Thankyou Denise

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Denise, I hope you love your stay at SB as much as we do everytime we go there! A lovely clean site with so much to do we love the walk to the riverside, the swimming pool and the Woodside Inn. There is alot to do in the area Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary is lovely walking through woodland looking out for deers. You can hire bikes from SB Hampton Ridge is a wonderful ride. Can highly recommend the Red Shoot Inn nearby for a great meal and their own home brewed beer. I expect SB will be full for Easter but I have never felt its crowded and the first time I went was at Easter. If I remember rightly Northfield is more for children and is a dog free area, nice shower block but I normally stay in Four Acres as I have two dogs. Hope you enjoy it! Mandy

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Denise,

We are also there at Easter,and I agree with everything that Mandy said. Also up in the top of Godshill village within walking distance is the Fighting Cocks pub, lovely food, and if you were to do the Hampton Ridge bike ride you finish up in the village of Fritham, again with a delightful watering hole at the end who do ploughmans to die for! Its not an easy ride but worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts