Sargent EC 620 Panel and Alde 3020

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The sytem on my caravan contains Sargent EC 620 Panel and Alde 3020 Panel, which should be controllable by bluetooth and the app......................it isnt :(

I can connect easily with bluetooth, and I find that the water levels, battery, temperature etc are working/reading fine. However, when I go to the heating section of the app, rather than give me the Alde system, it simply lists the three different heating types available, as if it just isnt reading this section. Any ideas, I have been out there for two hours trying to get it working.

I have had a tinker with the different settings for controlling the heater via the EC620 but to no avail.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I havn't bothered pairing my Bluetooth or the wifes Bluetooth to the heating controls just one more thing to go wrong I just get up and turn it to what I want , and leave it on stat if we go out .

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
1. Scroll display until Sargant EC620 shows at the screen bottom
2. Press and hold left arrow button until screen shows SYS _TYPE = CV001
3. Press up arrow button until CI-BUS CONFIG?
4. Press left arrow button.
5. Scroll to HEAT
6. Press left arrow until ALDE 3020 displayed.
7. Press up arrow and exit settings.

Now when you connect the app your heating should appear.

Hope this helps,

Ray

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I shall try that forthwith, hope it works.
I am one of those that likes things to work properly weather or not I will ever use it, just the way I am wired. :cheer:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
OK, first things first, I dont have that option under EC620.

It does say on the Sargent support site that version must be 90C90 or later, and mine is 70C70, so I guess thats where the issue lies.

Have you anything set different on the Alde panel or the Heater settings on EC620?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ray. I have managed to get into the service menu, and followed the step by step, but no matter how many times I set it to Alde, it doesnt seem to remember it.
I have followed all the other instructions, i.e. set the Alde Panel to receive from a third party panel, and tried the Sargent Panel on both remote and timer.

Every time though that I reheck the service manual HEAT is set to NONE. Possibly a software glitch needing the update. As this software is so far out of date, its just one more thing that should have been done by the dealer.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi Thingy,

I was in exactly the same situation as your good self after collecting my new van in 2017. A quick call to Sargent’s technical helpline sorted the issue in 2 minutes.

When you use the App, the relevant data and configuration of your van is stored in the cloud, including your heating system type. In my case, the guy confirmed that it hadn’t been set, and whilst we were talking on the phone he set it to the correct type and asked me to close the App and then try again. It worked immediately and has done ever since. Having said that I never use the App via Bluetooth, just over cellular connection to switch the heating, water and lighting on when i’m just starting my last pint after a meal in a pub somewhere with a roaring log fire before we all stroll back to the awaiting welcome of a warm, cosy, well lit van on a cold dark evening :p

I haven’t checked the opening hours of Sargent technicaI but would imagine you will have to wait until Monday morning now, but I am absolutely sure that they will resolve the issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts