Sargent ec620

Ant

Feb 6, 2022
Visit site
Can anyone help.
My swift escape Sargent control panel letters are just readable.
Does it just need resetting or is it time for a new one
Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am not familiar enough with the Sargent equipment to know the details, but in both cases I'd suggest you contact Sargent's customer services to discuss your particular problems.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If your caravan is still under warranty you must contact the dealer, not Sargent, or you may invalidate the warranty by doing so.
Simply contacting a Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) for information or advice will not invalidate any warranty.

In reality its very unlikely the caravan manufacturer has the necessary technical capability to diagnose component issues inside a piece of OEM equipment, and they almost certainly refer the customer to the manufacturer of the appliance.

In fact caravan manufacture tell dealers and customers to use the OEM products warranty processes.

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
We had one go like this in our swift, even though under warranty still, Sargent were very helpful and sent out a replacement for us to fit. Had to return the old unit. ( it IS a fiddly job to do, but doable if you take your time with the clips). Ours looked like this, it started off with some faint writing then went complety.

Attachments

• 20190223_201130.jpg
    20190223_201130.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
You just need to watch the effects of the CRA 2015. I recently bought a pair of Berghaus shoes from a company in Wiltshire (in person I would add.) One of the lace lugs came off after a couple of weeks. I looked at Berghaus on line and found out that they have a central repair facility in Sunderland, so I sent them there. They came back repaired within a week but the first time them I put them on the lug came away again.
The CRA says that the supplier is allowed to have one go at repair and then must replace or refund. After the lug came away the second time I contacted the original retailer (Berghaus agent) who didn't want to know as I had gone direct to Berghaus and not to them even though they would have sent them to the same place anyway.
So be aware if your caravan is under warranty and especially if it is within the first six months as up to that time the fault is considered to have been present at the time of supply, whereas in months 6-12 you have to prove the item is faulty as result of a manufacturing (or similar) fault.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To avoid diverting this thread I have continued the warranty issue in Chit Chat under CRA verses Warranty .

Aug 14, 2022
Visit site
I have a serious problem with my EC620. A couple of weeks ago whilst on site for four days I brief got the smell of melting plastic. I checked the van, all was working and the smell disappeared. Two weeks later went to the van which is in storage and found that all the leisure power would not come on and the EC620 was dead. After a few visits checking fuses and voyages etc I have removed the unit and found that the top two items on the rear circuit board have melted together and inside the housing is covered with black smoke soot. I realise that we have been very lucky not to have had a fire , and although the smoke Alarm is only 300 mm away because it encased and above the door opening there was no alarm. My question is has anyone had anything like this before and any idea what may have caused it. ? I have ordered a new unit and sent the photos ets to Swift and Sargent as I don’t want to fit the new unit before I know the cause. I am also considering an additional smoke alarm in the top locker as the smoke would travel in the cable architrave.

Attachments

• 18EC6ADD-2F49-4EE1-80B0-AAAFD7F17329.jpeg
    18EC6ADD-2F49-4EE1-80B0-AAAFD7F17329.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 68E840BF-905A-48C4-8F8D-616C3F7ECAE6.jpeg
    68E840BF-905A-48C4-8F8D-616C3F7ECAE6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have a serious problem with my EC620. A couple of weeks ago whilst on site for four days I brief got the smell of melting plastic. I checked the van, all was working and the smell disappeared. Two weeks later went to the van which is in storage and found that all the leisure power would not come on and the EC620 was dead. After a few visits checking fuses and voyages etc I have removed the unit and found that the top two items on the rear circuit board have melted together and inside the housing is covered with black smoke soot. I realise that we have been very lucky not to have had a fire , and although the smoke Alarm is only 300 mm away because it encased and above the door opening there was no alarm. My question is has anyone had anything like this before and any idea what may have caused it. ? I have ordered a new unit and sent the photos ets to Swift and Sargent as I don’t want to fit the new unit before I know the cause. I am also considering an additional smoke alarm in the top locker as the smoke would travel in the cable architrave.

There are many thousands of these units in use and working well so I would think yours is a bit of a freak occurrence.

But it is a very good idea of yours to send to Sargent as they are responsible and responsive imo.

John

Reactions: Dave B

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts