Scam warning

Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
Thought i would let people know about a scam that is circulating around at the moment. I saw this warning posted on www.caravan-forum.com.

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at http://www.icstis.org.uk/

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
This is not a hoax - I had one of these last year and being of the sceptical type (they did not know my name) I ignored it.

I can not sustantiate the charges though ICSTIS would.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi.

I can also confirm that THIS IS TRUE they are also leaving messages on your answer phone i had a call about 5 weeks ago to ring this number about a parcel. I had received the info via e mail at work so i knew about it.

Please be carefull this hoax is true.

Regards

David

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
This supposed scam was featured on Watchdog the other night and their expert said that it was un-true. The only charge for a premium rate number is 1.50 and that the claimed charge of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts