Scarborough/Cayton Bay touring sites

Apr 25, 2021
Visit site
We’re looking for a touring site close to Scarborough or Cayton bay with good facilities for both kids and adults, ideally a bar on site or club house which have events like bingo etc.

We’d be after a hard standing serviced pitch too.

Any recommendations? I’ve been Googling lots but love to hear what other people think.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have stayed at Cayton before it became a CAMC site and had a poor experience. Actually, it was only half a poor experience. We were there for two weeks, and the first week was superb. The site has always been a nice site. Come the second week and a Bank Holiday, the site became seriously overcrowded, and no only that they were allowing people on at ridiculous times. I wouldnt envisage seeing that now the club has the site. There is, as far as I know, still no bar on site, but we found a couple of nice pub/beer gardens in the village that served food. Its a handy location and the site was only let down by the management at the time.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The C&CC site just north of Scarborough is well thought of, as is the CMC site at West Ayton on the A170 just west of Scarborough.
The downside is that Ayton is the home area (town) of our beloved Secretary of State for Education (see, I didn't even name him!)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given the CAMH rules and organisation I do not think the complaints about the site under its previous owners is relevant. Out of hours arrivals would not be allowed and they have spent a lot of money on the site.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If you read my post properly, I was actually praising the site. The previous owners comment was just a comment in passing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts