Scottish Caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Show

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
2nd - 5th February 2017 SECC Glasgow
Ticket Prices - £10.00 each + £1.00 fee (why not just say £11.00 :angry: )
The £1.00 fee applies to every ticket purchased.
Over 60's, £9.00 + £0.90 fee, let me work that out, errr... £9.90 per person :huh:
Children under 16 free.
Parking charges are £4 up to 2 hours and thereafter £8 for up to 12 hours.

I won't be going because:
a) I'm not under 16
b) I find the costs too high
c) Pets (except guide dogs) are not allowed, I can't leave my wee Haggi alone in the car, they would absolutely wreck it :p
d) Been before and it was not worth it, I will spend the money on something for the caravan or another couple of nights pitch fees.
e) I'm Scottish (tight as 2 coats of paint) :whistle:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Just as easy to wander around a few local dealers really. After all no point in looking at vans you can't get locally and then have all the back and forth every time you need to make a warranty claim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
More often than not these caravan shows are used by the manufacturers and suppliers to conduct business between themselves, the customers are more of an inconvenience, but they're needed to finance the shindig.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We do enjoy the day out and looking round. As CC members we get in cheap on Thursday and use our pensioners pass on the train to get there for £1.30 each. I do agree the charges are too high and think this affects the atendence adversley.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
ProfJohnL B)

How easy it is to persuade some of the public to pay to go to a shop (and that is all it is), the stand holders are there to sell you something or other.

By calling it a 'show' we (including me in the past) just cough up our hard earned to pay for the sellers shop front and other expenses, there is no genuine discount for paying an admission fee :( .

No disrespect to Raywood, and I genuinely mean that, do what you want to do friend, I can understand you making it a "wee day out" :) , I respect your choices.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I accept that selling is the aim of the show and the dealers there but you get a lot of banter and you can have a good day out without buying anything. To be honest though this years show was a bit dissapointing with less caravans than usual and Coachman absent. Hobby only brought tbe giants from their range and Adria were also not there. You can ususally see a fair number of what is new but a lot were missing.
We did see the new Pursuit which looked good on paper but it had a lot of silly mistakes which let it down.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The interior does look to us cheaper than the previous models and on a par with Xscape but behind the Venus and particularly the Sprite which compete in the same market. The use of space was not as good as the others mentioned and the kitchens did not work well with the sink cover was a poor quality and to us impractical thing. I do not like microwaves over the hob but Bailey are not alone in that one. I know a lot of it is subjective but it just did not work for us.
w

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are going to the nec show in Feb. We enjoy it as a day out. We like the general buzz and immersion in Caravans. Some of the talks are good. Cheaper than some days out, dearer than others.
Each to their own.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts