Scratches on work surface

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Evening All,

Unfortunately my partner used her portable motorhome/caravan washing machine and spin dryer on the kitchen work surface of our 'new' motorhome and during the spin cycle it has marred the lacquer/finish of said work surface and it now looks a bit of a mess, as does the glass hobb cover.

A neighbour has recommended Autosol to bring the work surface back to 'new' but I don't think anything will remove the scratches from the hobb cover. Should I use Autosol, or can you recommend something else?

Thank you.

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was reading about work surfaces in the home just this weekend and someone recommended Tcut , just try it in a small area , its a shame but anything like you were using should have been on the floor , I know you know that now.!! I cover my glass sink and cooker glass with table underlay cut to size to help protect it when Im preparing anything on them. You will probably have a lot more before you are finished so its no good crying over spilt milk just get creative. :)

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I have not been brave enough to try anything yet - but might find the courage to give it a go with the 'T' Cut. Might be a little less abrasive than Autosol!

Then again - if you hear me shouting...............

Regards

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Might be worth asking the original converter about replacement tops?
And, er, washer-dryer? In the motorhome? Consider changing the partner! (joking, honest)

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Evening Tony,

My partner went one better the following day..............!!

Oh - she has not used the washing machine or dryer since. You know you want one..........

Regards

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Tony & Jon

This is what you need for the washing fellas. A couple of flexible tubs and an old fashioned posser :lol:
Jill has wanted a spin dryer (not a washing machine) for a while, on the grounds that it would be used for such a short time (and only on longer summer trips) that it wouldn't hammer the battery because the solar panel will cope.
We actually picked one up for a tenner at a car boot at the end of May but haven't taken it with us yet :lol:

Graham

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi Graham,

I think back to the large sums of gold coins my partner has fed to the bespoke washing machines and tumble dryers we have used in the past on some sites - and those machines certainly had an appetite! They were particularly hungry for the coins as opposed to the size of your washing load!

So I can see my partner's - and other's rationale for wanting to try and save some money by using their own washing machine/dryers. I think it a sound idea - provided you don't just plonk the washing machine down on your brand new work surface............!

Regards

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate that Jon :)
We normally use THSs and rallies so hardly ever stay on sites.
Last week, though, we were at C&CC Chichester for the third week of a 3 week trip so decided we would wash there rather than use our posser &c. Not cheap :)

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts