Searching for a caravan.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.Just bought a Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 tdi 4 motion,2011.
Now for the caravan.
Im looking for websites preferably with vans for sale within a 30 mile radius of Bristol.
Any suggestions please apart from Ebay,Gumtree,Preloved.
Been searching these for a while with no luck but maybe there are some other websites out there?
Would prefer to go private but dealers considered.
Many thanks

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Given your location, Chipping Sodbury Caravans may be worth a look (https://www.chippingsodburycaravans.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsvrpBRCsARIsAKBR_0LdedNdyITsF8YKSI-tagClcYPi5ysFBtAqm1abVVjC6pIO15XvuEsaAtWFEALw_wcB) we bought our 'van there and have been very happy with their service.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You need to decide what layout you want so visiting as many dealers as possible would give you a good idea of what might work for you. Your budget will be a big factor also when did you pass your test as a B licence really restricts your choice of caravan.

I echo Chipping Sodbury as being good I bought our last new Bailey from them and they looked after it fior 9 years. Also Highbridge down the A38, Swindon Caravans and Wiltshire Caravans at Westbury. Lots of dealers with large stocks to view.

If considering private try the Caravan-and Motorhome classifieds and those from the CCC website too. You often get some genuine good vans with all the kit included if owners circumstances change or health problems cut in etc.

Whatever if going private do get an independent damp check or make sure it’s had a recent service by a NCC approved service center

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks Niall and otherclive.
Yes,weve bought 2 caravans from Chipping Sodbury in the past.I know dealers are usually a bit dearer than private,plus you might be lucky and get a mover fitted,but I think to a certain extent,more of a comeback with them than buying private.
I have a heavy goods licence and have always tried to stick to the 85% recommendation.
I believe that with the Volkswagen,im looking at around 1440 fully loaded
We had a Bailey Pageant Sancerre a few years ago and looking for the same layout.
Our budget is roughly up to £12,000.may be able to go a little higher but thinking about the cost of breakdown cover,caravan insurance,storage fees,motor mover if it doesnt have one,porch awning.
It all mounts up doesnt it.Plus ive just had 11 weeks off work after a full knee replacement and surviving on SSP.
Anyway....will take your suggestions on board.
Many thanks to you both

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I know where you can get one it's Sat on my drive with a for sale sticker in the window. Ask parish for my email if interested

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
thedoog1 said:
I know where you can get one it's Sat on my drive with a for sale sticker in the window. Ask parish for my email if interested

Who's Parish !?!?!
Do you mean Parksy !?!?!
I'm just glad that he didn't put 'Pariah'. :lol:
Strictly speaking I couldn't get involved, because the advertising of goods including caravans is in breach of Rule 6. forum etiquette.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
Craigyoung said:
thedoog1 said:

Who's Parish !?!?!
Do you mean Parksy !?!?!
Strictly speaking I couldn't get involved, because the advertising of goods including caravans is in breach of Rule 6. forum etiquette.

Oh !! :( its a pity he hasn't got his email address on the bottom of his signature on his profile like you . . . . ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Parksy said:
Craigyoung said:
thedoog1 said:

Who's Parish !?!?!
Do you mean Parksy !?!?!

Oh !! :( its a pity he hasn't got his email address on the bottom of his signature on his profile like you . . . . ;)
The link to the email address on my signature is not my personal email address, it's there for forum members and potential members to contact me on forum matters only.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Mel.
I tried your advice about that website and found 2 suitable vans in the Bristol area!!!
Unfortunately,1 had been sold in April....the other sold in June.
Apparently both sellers have tried a number of times to have the adverts removed to no avail and now have to suffer with unwanted phone calls,emails etc..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
High ridge Caravans have a big selection of used vans of most makes. I was quite content with their PDI and handover of a new van 2 years ago and with the handling of one small warranty issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts