seasonal pitches

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,
Does anyone have any idea how much a seasonal pitch costs were thinking of siting ours and for 7 months the site is open they quoting £1500 is this about the norm or is it one of the expensive ones.
The site does have a club and a pool.
Thanks,
M.H

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi MH
A lot will depend on where the site is, what facilities it has and how popular it is. I've seen seasonal pitches advertised for £2300 on sites with clubhouses, pools, etc albeit for a longer season, and as low as £500 + ehu for 7 months for a quiet riverside in pitch in Worcs with just a tap, toilet and shower.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
hi, We are going on a seasonal pitch in Wales the cost is 1,500 for 26th march to 31st october. Its got a toilet, showers and laundry room. The price you said seems good to me. Go for it.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm on a 5 star site with excellent toilet & shower facilities. It's 5 miles west of leominster in a very picturesque black & white village with 2 pubs and a local shop. The bus stops outside the entrance too.
1st march to 31st october £1400 for a gravel hardstanding. Plenty of spaces spare this year.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Monkey Hanger said:
Hey sounds great but where is leominister

Herefordshire.

There is another site in the county I know of that does seasonal pitches. It is a CC managed site so if you are members you might get one cheaper. Lovely site alongside the River Wye. You can hire canoes or launch your own. Fishing was £5 a day and the Wye is probably the UKs premier river for course fish as well as salmon. There is a childrens play area. I believe bikes can also be hired.
We stayed there for about 3 months for family reasons but I loved it despite only being 3 miles from home. At that time we were pitched by some seasonals and when they told me the cost I thought it would have been a lot more. When breaking it down per week it was a lot cheaper than normal pitch price.
Hereford is only 3 miles away with the usual supermarkets etc.
See here .......

http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The site where we had our seasonal pitch close to Pershore next to the river Avon in Worcestershire charges £500 + metered ehu from April - October for tourers. It has to be one of the cheapest seasonal sites around and they've recently installed a new toilet / shower block.
The site is ideal for anglers.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Look at the site I gave above Parksy. They have a couple of rally fields for you ralliers.
It's on my 'to visit' list Lord B, we like Hereford and the surrounding countryside. Our d.a. probably wouldn't travel that far though, especially with the soaring price of diesel
smiley-frown.gif

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Peral Lake leisure park at Shobden is a great site to visit as well and reccomend the breakfast at Shobden Airfield.
This site is immaculate ,its a few minutes drive from Leominster and the same for Hereford and a must to visit is the Gaylord Shopping Centre, not its real name but LB will correct as I cant remember it.
Leominster and Hereford ,two place a must to visit
Sir Roger

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Farty old bean, nice to see you
smiley-smile.gif

Yes, Pearl Lake at Shobdon is a nice site. Mostly statics but with tourer pitches as you say. Good fishing apparently and it's own golf course but from memory I'm unsure whether they take seasonal statics. If they do I would imagine it would be expensive.
I think in your post you are getting mixed up with LMHs dog Gay Lord. Either that or you're trying to kick in my homophobia ... heh! heh! heh!
BTW Stew it's Maylord
smiley-wink.gif

I'm going to try that awning out in a weeks time
smiley-smile.gif
I'm glad it's a CL. Not too many vans to embarrass myself in front of
smiley-embarassed.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
The site where we had our seasonal pitch close to Pershore next to the river Avon in Worcestershire charges £500 + metered ehu from April - October for tourers. It has to be one of the cheapest seasonal sites around and they've recently installed a new toilet / shower block.
The site is ideal for anglers.
Can you please give us a name or email me direct. Thanks.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Looking at the details of a park in another post, Kennford International, I see they quote for a seasonal ...

Seasonal Pitch 1st Mar 11- 31st Oct 11
£1020.00
Seasonal Pitch 31st Oct10- 28th Feb11
£575.00

This site is near Exeter so it depends on where you live and how far you want to travel.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
ive just moved our van from one site they put there prices up to £2400 per yr, we found another at £900 but weve not got half as much now though

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
As with anything I think it doesn't always boil down to cost but also distance from home. We currently have ours on a small site with fishing lake (hubbie likes fishing) and also only 5/6 miles to sea (again for fishing). The facilities are basic toilet and shower but the pitches are generous sized and fully serviced, the price is the same as last year at £1265 for 1st March to 31st October. It's very quiet this year 5 regulars left and only one new. It's fine for us as its just over 50 miles from home so the fuel is not so much of a problem. For winter we had to go a little further just over 60 miles but we got a fully serviced pitch from end October to end February for £400 plus electric (which was reasonable, we were there for all but 2 weekends and a few days over New Year and the electric cost £49 and we used it all the time, fire on all the time - sometimes with gas as well) the facilities were superb underfloor heated individual rooms with shower, washbasin and toilet but the pitches were quite small - OK for winter because there weren't many people there but think it would be a bit overcrowded in summer. A full year there is £1950 plus electric.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Seasonal sites should be banned!! Caravans are tourers, for God's sake, made for TOURING! If you want to site it, buy a static. If you keep filling sites with seasonals, where are us proper tourers supposed to go?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
emmerson said:
Seasonal sites should be banned!! Caravans are tourers, for God's sake, made for TOURING! If you want to site it, buy a static. If you keep filling sites with seasonals, where are us proper tourers supposed to go?

I don't think club sites should cater for seasonal pitches although I suppose private sites are free to do as they please. At the moment we go off for up to four weeks at a time doing four different sites. That means packing up each time and re-erecting the awning each time. At the moment I'm ok with this but I don't know what lies in the future regarding my health or if I want to carry on towing. It might come the time when I want to put our roots down on one site and travel so I'm keeping my options open
smiley-smile.gif

The site would have to be something special though. A place like Englethwaite Hall would do nicely if it wasn't so far away.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Morning LB (and everyone else!) We've already got to the stage where the awning is a chore, so we've simply adjusted to it, and no longer use one at all. In fact I gave my last one away.
I can see why people use seasonal pitches, and from a site owner's viewpoint, they're money in the bank, but why use touring pitches? Statistics show that more and more people are buying caravans, therefore less and less pitches are available for touring.
We use a pretty site near here quite often. The site was originally toureres only, then a few seasonals appeared, then the whole site was taken by the damned things, so the owner extended into an adjacent field, "for tourers only". Now allmost half that field has seasonals on it. Consequently, we will not be using it again. Sad, but I'm a tourist, and when I can't tour, I'll stay home.
I often end my posts with the phrase "to each his own", but in this instance, seasonals are affecting my lifestyle, are defeating the object that caravans were invented for, and should be banned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts