Second Lockdown πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Page 43 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Dreadful news Buckman so sorry. I had mine on Wednesday and no ill effects. OxfordAZ. The risks are so slight the Europeans were crazy to halt their programme imo but if it were one bad batch that might be different. Given the stats though looks unlikely.
Hi JezzerB did you get a sore arm after the vaccine jab

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Very slightly ,can just feel it. Other than that nothing and it isn't sore like I had with tetanus,just know where it went in . Very grateful.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Very sorry to hear of the problem Buckman.
I have read several articles on this though, and the numbers who have died with blood clots of this after having the vaccine are in fact lower than would normally be expected for the population as a whole. It is no consolation, but the evidence does seem to suggest that blood clots are entirely unconnected and the people involved were likely to have suffered them irrespective of the vaccine.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
There’s no easy way to say this Buckman and I want to be discreet but you need to know one of my friend’s wife died five weeks ago. No thanks to the Funeral Directors she was cremated with her engagement ring still,on her finger. Specific instructions had been issued for the ring to be removed. The FD say under Covid regs they are not allowed to touch anything. According to HMG Covid guidelines for FDs this isn’t true. Sorry to be indelicate but I’d hate something like this happen in your family. BTW we are in deep discussion with the FD and will not let it go

Reactions: Buckman
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Only just seen this, so sorry for your loss Buckman. Parents should never have to bury their children. Been through that and its an awful awful place to be.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Only just seen this, so sorry for your loss Buckman. Parents should never have to bury their children. Been through that and its an awful awful place to be.
Thanks. Joanne was actually my step daughter and was for the past 36 years. I have always thought of my two step daughters as being my daughters, My son and Jo were very close. It was a great shock to us especially my wife.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I found this info on Gibraltar interesting. It would seem that we have been supplying vaccine at a greater rate than here, no doubt using them as guinea pigs. It says it’s still too early to draw conclusions, but life is looking nearly back to normal there.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I found this info on Gibraltar interesting. It would seem that we have been supplying vaccine at a greater rate than here, no doubt using them as guinea pigs. It says it’s still too early to draw conclusions, but life is looking nearly back to normal there.

John

. Up to 15000 workers cross the border daily from Spain which is about half of Gibraltars resident population. Given the relatively limited ICU facilities in Gibraltar and difficulty of transporting ill patients anywhere else it makes good sense to give the population their covid vaccines. 35000 less under 18s is a drop in our ocean.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I left home at 0745 and picked my daughter up to take her for an appointment at the Bristol Dental Hospital. The appointment was for 0900. Yet by 0825 I had dropped her off and parked up by St Michael’s Hospital where I can connect to free wifi outside. I couldn’t believe it as back in 2000 before retiring the first time I worked in north Bristol and left home at 0645 generally arriving in the car park an hour later if traffic flowed well.
Clearly if working patterns do change permanently even commuting would be a pleasure 😷

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The traffic round Glasgow is still well below the pre lockdown levels but you can see there is beginning to be more about. People working from home though seem to have eliminated the worst of the rush hour.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Today the Great Western Hospital Car park was so empty I parked in the row immediately adjacent to the disabled area. That too Ε΅as less than half full. My ultrasound test was done 15 minutes ahead of time and the results given to me there and then. No problems thank goodness . Was a potential DVT but turned out to be a burst Bakers Cyst, all to do with the knee arthritis. Better safe than sorry.
I have concluded the NHS performance during Covid has been the best we have experienced in years. I honestly cannot fault themπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Today the Great Western Hospital Car park was so empty I parked in the row immediately adjacent to the disabled area. That too Ε΅as less than half full. My ultrasound test was done 15 minutes ahead of time and the results given to me there and then. No problems thank goodness . Was a potential DVT but turned out to be a burst Bakers Cyst, all to do with the knee arthritis. Better safe than sorry.
I have concluded the NHS performance during Covid has been the best we have experienced in years. I honestly cannot fault themπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
That’s good news, will the BC be dumped when the new knee goes in?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our local surgery is now. Four weeks ahead on their vaccination programme. Fortunately following a phone call I had my second AZ jab two hours later. My little card is now fully stamped,! onwards and upwards πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰

Reactions: WayneS
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Had my 2nd Pfizer two weeks ago, just slept all afternoon. Done my first lateral covid test, yesterday, Negative, didn't like the tickling tick up the nose though.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Great news for those who need Lateral Flow Tests prior to visiting Care Homes etc.
At HMG expense, free to us, the major Pharmacies are now handing out test packs for diy testing. Post the result on HMG web site and you are then cleared to go. It saves doing the LFT on site and wasting 45 minutes for the result

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Great news for those who need Lateral Flow Tests prior to visiting Care Homes etc.
At HMG expense, free to us, the major Pharmacies are now handing out test packs for diy testing. Post the result on HMG web site and you are then cleared to go. It saves doing the LFT on site and wasting 45 minutes for the result
You can also order a pack of them online or by phone from NHS website too, if getting to the pharmacy is difficult.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

Whist the tests can be useful, as the number of real positive cases reduces the false positive results from the tests stays the same as a percentage. So more people get false positives. Many epidemiologists are saying when the wholesale encouragement of people to take them without specific reasons is not warranted. But obviously going into care home is a good reason for the precaution of a LFT. If it gives a false positive it is erring on the side of safety. But if it led to a school year group being sent home that's nota good outcome. Thats why many schools have eased off from the testing activity.

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We ordered ours on line and they were delivered the next day. Horrid thing to do: especially up the snout. But Hey Ho; greater good and all that.
Clearly there are debates about the merit of their widespread deployment , but given that they are available then why not use them. All part of a layering of measures to keep the little beast at bay.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Due my second test later today, my wife got hers yesterday at a different centre. I did ring to see if I could get one moved so we were both there at the same time but they could not manage that. No problems first time round and hoping all goes well today.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
This post reminded me that I needed to test today. So I got the box of tests out. In a bitter and unfortunate irony; the tests have β€œMade in China” clearly printed on the box. πŸ€”πŸ˜€
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts