Security

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me, that there is no little padlock in the address bar on this site, there is a little (i) where the padlock should be and if you click on it, it says connection is not secure and if you click on that it says, information you submit could be viewed by others, like passwords, credit cards and messages.
Are we safe?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It does need Lizzie to answer your points. From my point of view my password for this site is unique so would not help anyone who manages to look at it and there is nothing for sale so card details are not on it either.
Not sure this is in the right section though, it should be in the last one.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for posting.

We've recently moved our website onto an https version, which should make it more secure. However I will look into this and get back to you.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Well spotted on the padlock icon. If you glance up now, you can see it is now in place.

It is not that the site was somehow 'insecure' before, more that it is secure to the standard that Google recognises now. The extra security ensures that when you type in your passwords and the information is sent to us, it is now encrypted, making it very difficult for any hackers to see your login credentials. It was unlikely they would be looking anyway, but better to be safe than sorry!

Regards

Nigel D

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
nrdonnelly said:
Hey everyone,

Well spotted on the padlock icon. If you glance up now, you can see it is now in place.

It is not that the site was somehow 'insecure' before, more that it is secure to the standard that Google recognises now. The extra security ensures that when you type in your passwords and the information is sent to us, it is now encrypted, making it very difficult for any hackers to see your login credentials. It was unlikely they would be looking anyway, but better to be safe than sorry!

Regards

Nigel D

Hi Nigel D,

I am using firefox on Win10, I don't see the padlock icon or the "little i".

Any chance of a screen shot as an illustration.

Than you,
Anseo

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anubody else getting this problem.

Iam recieving e mail notifications, of threads I am checking, althoough I am NOT subscribing to them.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It happens now and then, don't know why, but if you go to the ones you get advised about there is an Unsubscribe button, next to Reply Topic at the bottom left, which needs to be hit, and it is replaced by Subscribe.

TRENDING THREADS