Seitz window problem

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Just bought a Coachman Pastiche 520/4 2010.
The side windows are Seitz windows and on one the blind is a tad reluctant to go up. On my old Bailey the blinds had a simple screwdriver location to tighten the blind spring. ..... simples .....
How do I adjust the tension on a Seitz or is it more complicated and does anyone know what the model name is of the blinds ie are they Seitz S5?
Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the seitz blind you will need to remove the whole blind from the wall and remove the blind and roller from the housing. If you turn the shaft clockwise then the spring should tighten. if the spring does not tighten then it it likely that you will need to replace the spring
You need to grip the blind in a vice and turn the shaft wit a pair of pliers.
Its a fiddle, and I mean a real fiddle !!

Reactions: Beachball
Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for the info
This problem only occurs when the window is cold. after heating the van the blind goes up and down with no problem. This may be the blind material being a little stiff due to the cold
I have been doing a bit of Googling on these windows.
A couple of questions.
I presume I take out the blanking plugs around the frame and take screws out and the inner frame along with the blind and mesh screen will be located in this frame?
I also read that these screws hold the outer frame in place and there maybe a chance the window will fall out. Is this the case and if so should I take the window out to stop this happening?

May 24, 2020
Visit site
I've got a 2017 Lunar clubman and one of the combined window blinds/mesh screens has become loose and just drops down (it won't stay up unless fixed with gaffer tape). What's wrong?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 2017 Lunar clubman and one of the combined window blinds/mesh screens has become loose and just drops down (it won't stay up unless fixed with gaffer tape). What's wrong?
Welcome to the Forum Sorentokx3 (That question you will get a answer by the great bunch on here )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts