Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Living in the North West and my caravan now being one year old it needed a first service and I wasnt completly happy taking it back to where I purchased the van for a service.

So I contacted a mobile engineer from the caravan council and booked a service for yesterday he arrived exactly when he said he would and started the service. The cost was £195 pounds for a twin axle.
I must say that the service was second to none as I stayed and watched everything he done and trust me he did not miss a thing even changing the nuts on the wheel hubs after replacing them on completion of brake adjust.

Everything torqued up and marked with red paint so I could see if it moved he even went on to say that by the amount of brake dust removed from the hubs and based on the milage I had done he thought I had a very good combination as it didnt look like too much work was being done by the van. Which I was pleased to hear and since I have just had the car serviced by mercedes and the brakes are only 5% worn it seemed to make sense that both tow car and van were taking there equal share.

I thought I would write this because I was so impressed by the service and care taken by the way I know its a bailey but the damp test reading was showing no damp at all and he checked every corner and panel closets wheel arches you name it he done it.

So anybody looking for a service and not happy with there dealer look no further than a caravan council registered engineer maybe one day all new caravan sales centres wil give the same service that I have just received.
John

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi John,
we have brought a new van this year and it will want it's first service next year.
Would Bailey accept the service done by a mobile engineer or would it invalidate the guarentee. I keep my caravan north of carlisle and live in Stoke on Trent, so it would be easier for me if I could have the service where the caravan is stored.
If you think this may be so could you please give me details of a web site I could find someone on.
Thanks,
Peter.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes you can have your van serviced by any NCC Approved Workshop, fixed or mobile, and retain your warranty.
Repairs however are the responsibility of the supplying dealer, but in actual fact that really only applies to the structure of the van as all the appliances are covered by individual manufacturers warranties which any of the Approved Workshops can undertake on behalf of the individual manufacturer.

A list of Approved Workshops can be found here: http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dear Peter

I have a couple of warranty issues one being the catch on the shower door the engineer phoned Bailey whilst he was with me and requested the parts he said as soon as they come he will fit them.

He does a lot of work for bailey so for me it was ok so if he can do it I am sure others can

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts