Serviced Pitches

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi
Not been on a serviced pitch before so regarding length of fresh water and waste water pipes , I assume all sites are different in general what would I need to get? I get the idea of them and all sounds great but would not want to get to site and find out I haven't got all the bits. Thx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Most hoses (either mains kit for aquaroll) or Truma Waterline are 7m so plenty long enough

Waste pipes, i use 6 metres (two 3m lengths with a join), but honestly think i'd be better with a 4m length and a 2m (just in case the 4m doesn't make it)

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
For fresh water I would recommend getting the float attachment for your Aquaroll, comes complete with 7m of blue food-grade water pipe complete with adapters. DO NOT use ordinary hosepipe or yellow Hozelock adapters as there is some question of the dye in them being carcinogenic. I would also recommend getting a <brass> double hose outlet (i.e. Hozelock type fittings) so that you can draw fresh water for the kettle etc without disturbing the Aquaroll connection. Such brass fittings screw onto the supply tap.
For grey water you can either continue using your Wastemaster, or you can get about 7-8m of grey plastic flexible hose like THIS but make sure you get the right size. You will need a double adapter such as THIS with associated pieces of hose as on a serviced pitch - especially those on CLs or CSs - you will likely use your own shower.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I carry these two hoses. And the waste hoses 3 meters and a two 1.5 meters and joiners. . As for the yellow connectors, I have been around carcogenic substances for over 55 years now, fluids, pastes and asbestos, so at 70 years old I am not bothered, but for youngsters, keep to guidence for chromates.

1654534760561-1538424045.jpg

Reactions: DaveA1 and Dustydog

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We use the Collapz waste water pipes. Not as cheap, but much easier to stow than coils of grey pipe. You get 6X1m pips in a set. Enough for most pitches.
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We use the Collapz waste water pipes. Not as cheap, but much easier to stow than coils of grey pipe. You get 6X1m pips in a set. Enough for most pitches.
mel
I have seen those, and didn't like them thought they were Rubbish. We shall debate over a wine or beer.

Reactions: Buckman and Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
How far are the service points generally? 6m is quite a way away.
Mostly within 6m. But I have been on sites where the drains ( and the taps) were on the side between 2 pitches. So depending on which of the two pitches you were on, the drain could be on the near side of the van ( ie van, awning, grass then drain and tap). It is then a fair distance as you don’t want to run the pipe work directly under the awning! To be fair that has only happened twice. Mostly they are on the pitch on the van offside or directly behind the van.
mel

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
For waste I've plumbers pipe cut into lengths that fit the front locker and varied. Joins are right angle bits mean it's practical simple and no coil of flexi pipe cto battle with! For fall support pipe clips glued to tent pegs and for hard standing they insert I not wooden blocks. Cheap as chips .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have seen those, and didn't like them thought they were Rubbish. We shall debate over a wine or beer.
Plus the cost. Cheaper to buy connectors and cut lengths of hose to 1 m. We have 3 x 3m waste pipe with connectors and 1 x 1m waste pipe. We find it ample.
The Whale mains water connection hose is about 10m however we carry an extension in case we come across a pitch where the bollard is shared between pitches and we are on the offside of the bollard!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have Aquaroll mains adaptor it comes with 7.5m hose and a caravan extension hose 7.5m we find we have enough for most pitches

Attachments

• 51QxlInI++L._AC_ (1).jpg
    51QxlInI++L._AC_ (1).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l1600 (10).jpg
    s-l1600 (10).jpg
    435 KB · Views: 3
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I seem to have acquired an array of different length waste pipes. In total there must now be 20 feet ranging from 12 “. All depends where the drain is. Our favourite CL near Harrogate needs three 7 mtr blue hoses for fresh water. Everywhere else one is usually enough but the second has been well used too. Thanks to Buckman I did buy a pack of Colapz pegs to support the waste pipe.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I use the Collapz Fresh Mini for my fresh water. It comprises an 8 litre bucket with float valve in the lid and 15m of fresh water hose. This saves the space taken up by an Aquaroll which is only ever half full when using the float valve system. I only take my Aquaroll when I’m on a pitch without it’s own tap.
I regularly clean an disinfect my caravan water pipes so use the water from the kitchen tap for cooking and making hot drinks. I tend to buy bottled water for drinking.
Over the years, I have experimented with all sorts of grey waste drainage solutions. On serviced pitches. I‘m currently using the Collapz extendable flexi tubes but I’m not over impressed, they tend to sag causing poor drainage over longer distances. Therefore, I’m going back to good old rigid pipe and maybe combine it with the Collapz flexi tubes.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I use the Collapz Fresh Mini for my fresh water. It comprises an 8 litre bucket with float valve in the lid and 15m of fresh water hose. This saves the space taken up by an Aquaroll which is only ever half full when using the float valve system. I only take my Aquaroll when I’m on a pitch without it’s own tap.
I regularly clean an disinfect my caravan water pipes so use the water from the kitchen tap for cooking and making hot drinks. I tend to buy bottled water for drinking.
Over the years, I have experimented with all sorts of grey waste drainage solutions. On serviced pitches. I‘m currently using the Collapz extendable flexi tubes but I’m not over impressed, they tend to sag causing poor drainage over longer distances. Therefore, I’m going back to good old rigid pipe and maybe combine it with the Collapz flexi tubes.
Use these https://colapz.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/flexi-waste-pipe-metal-pegs

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Aha. Another one who drinks water from his own tap👍We have always used our own tap water. Before each trip I clean all the pipes , on board water tank and both Aquarolls with Milton Solution, then flushed through with fresh water. Never had any taste or gippy tummy problems
Although I have never had a bad tummy, I found that tea tasted different, but this was in our 2005 Lunar. Since then we have never drunk the water from the caravan taps.
I have visions of mould clumps in the water pipes catching all the nasties so have never bothered with trying the water from the caravan taps again. :D

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We never knowingly drink water from the aquaroll but sometimes you can't help drinking some - e.g when brushing and rinsing teeth.

A few months ago I had stomach problems which blood tests identified as Helicobacter Pylori which is a rather nasty bacteria that attacks the stomach lining. While its fairly common in most people and doesn't cause any problems it didn't like me and I'm still not 100% back to normal.

One of its possible causes is contaminated water - probably just a coincidence but I'm being even more cautious now.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My parents old house in London had lead pipes. I wonder if that did me any harm🤔.Well it didn’t stump my growth😜

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site

Any of you service pitch users ever used a bilge pump to get round the challenges gravity creates?
LINK
Seems a purpose made solution.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
This is my solution, simple and it works.

John

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Make your own. Heavy duty awning pegs with pipe clips attached. I just made the screw hole where it goes into the wall bigger inset and glue. On soft ground insert deeper for fall on hard standing I drilled some wooden block . These are a bit wobbly so I need some stabiliser but I manage. Pence .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts