Services

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm new here so apologies if this has already been done...

Motorway services car parks...are they crap or what??

Stopped at Norton Canes on M6 Toll, no problems, easy parking, plenty of space.

Stopped at Warwick on M40, lots of spaces but all really narrow and full of Transit vans, Avensis and Porsches!! Not even doubled up in the long space, one space each. I had to get out and ask some numpty to move over. I went in for a mona but there was no duty manager around, presumably as this would mean spending some money to employ someone.

Stopped at Stafford on M6, plenty of space but flipping miles from the services. We had to walk across the lorry park and coach park to get to a building, not easy with a toddler. Really felt like the travelling equivalent of a leper.

I am composing a snotty missive to Moto and Welcome Break as we speak.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I couldn;t agree more the services are a disgrace recently we were at Gretna services and the whole caravan section was full of HGVs and there was no space for my caravan the service stations should take more responsibility to ensure everyone parks in their own designated areas.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
services?.....more like highway robberey....im sure dick turpin would be proud lol..........just a point about hgvs parking in other areas......the car parks of most services are now managed by outside contractors so if a hgv is parked in a bay that its not suppose to be in it will more that likely be clamped and you are looking at a

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
HGVs, coaches and caravans all need similar sized parking spaces - it seems logical to overflow into one of the other two when all allocated spaces are used - the problem is the "jobsworth" employed by the service areas don't see it that way and get the clamps out.

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I have had an apology from Welcome Break and a promise that they will 'look into it'. Not much I know but better than nothing. If anyone is at Warwick services soon, let me know if anything is done please.

Not heard from Moto. Says it all really.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know it makes a mockery of the Government campaign "Tiredness Kills - Take a Break" and their recommendation of stopping every two hours. It is typical of the UK where there is no joined up thinking. I have some sympathy for the services operators, in the course of my work I travel extensively and outside the Summer months there are relatively few caravans stopping at services, even on the M25 at Clackett Lane or M20 to Dover. Most service areas were designed in the days of much less commercial traffic so something has to give.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts