Shark Anti hair wrap upright pet vacuum cleaner + 5 year Guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been looking at above make and they have come down in sale
The reviews look great but the thing that worries me is how heavy are they and are they hard to push over a carpet
This one is corded would a cordless be better suited for me
So has anyone got a views on this vacuum it would be very appreciated

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have a corded Shark. Ifind it heavy to carry upstairs ( but I have the upper body strength of very old celery) but I find it otherwise easy to manoeuvre. The best thing is the anti hair wrap. Our long haired border collie is otherwise known as “Death of hoovers”. Her hair has seen off a Dyson one of the older version GTech and a Vax. They just clogged up and I would spend hours digging out the dog hair. Not so with the Shark.
mel

Reactions: Beachball
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the Miele C3 which is more expensive, but probably one of the best. Ours is now 5 years old and we have never had any real issue with pet hair tangling up. We have a small Dyson for the caravan.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We have the Miele C3 which is more expensive, but probably one of the best. Ours is now 5 years old and we have never had any real issue with pet hair tangling up. We have a small Dyson for the caravan.
Miele are excellent, and will far outlast most. Our Miele S3 is 27 years old and has only required a new flex. And has had a real hammering from when we renovated our first house and it would suck up bits of rubble and so much dust.
My mum is a Dyson fan, and must have had 8 or 10 new ones in that time.
I did get bored of the Miele at one point, and tried a Dyson because it was bagless more than anything. Hated it, and it never cleaned as well as a Miele with an overfull bag :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our Dyson Animal is promised to the Science Museum. It has given excellent service and if things go wrong (belt or clutch) I have the tools to fix it. But it weighs tonne and I have to carry it upstairs for my wife to use. Three years ago we had new hall carpet fitted and even now the Dyson suction is so strong that even I cannot push it forwards to clean, and I have to pull it backwards. I keep trying to persuade my wife that something a bit newer and lighter would be a good idea (Xmas is coming) but she's very hard to persuade on these things. And now down to one dog she doesn't use it as often, so even less reason for her to change. So I am watching this thread with interest.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a corded Shark. Ifind it heavy to carry upstairs ( but I have the upper body strength of very old celery) but I find it otherwise easy to manoeuvre. The best thing is the anti hair wrap. Our long haired border collie is otherwise known as “Death of hoovers”. Her hair has seen off a Dyson one of the older version GTech and a Vax. They just clogged up and I would spend hours digging out the dog hair. Not so with the Shark.
mel
Hi Mel at present we have a Vax and with our two dogs the amount of dog hair that why i was looking at a Shark for the anti hair wrap but we are on one level so it should be easier to use (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a Hoover of similar type and has been assigned to our garage used only to clean the cars our. It does not meet our needs when using one preferring the upright type which [for us] makes our lives easier.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our Dyson Animal is promised to the Science Museum. It has given excellent service and if things go wrong (belt or clutch) I have the tools to fix it. But it weighs tonne and I have to carry it upstairs for my wife to use. Three years ago we had new hall carpet fitted and even now the Dyson suction is so strong that even I cannot push it forwards to clean, and I have to pull it backwards. I keep trying to persuade my wife that something a bit newer and lighter would be a good idea (Xmas is coming) but she's very hard to persuade on these things. And now down to one dog she doesn't use it as often, so even less reason for her to change. So I am watching this thread with interest.
My brother got a dyson upright vacuum at his second home in Whitby and so far we been going for twenty two years , and it does not get use much just for family for breaks and long weekends , But lucky it easier to use there, he got hard floors . and like you say what suction .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a Hoover of similar type and has been assigned to our garage used only to clean the cars our. It does not meet our needs when using one preferring the upright type which [for us] makes our lives easier.
A Hoover and a Miele are definitely not similar. Like chalk and cheese. :D

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We had very good service from a Dyson corded many years ago. Since then we got a Dyson hand held animal. It was awful. Other family members and friends have said the same.

We then got a Kirby. Now that was so powerful the wheels are driven otherwise it would be too hard to push. It did everything including shampooing, but was really heavy. As it became difficult, it was confined to the garage and we got two Vax battery uprights for indoors using the Kirby once a month. When they all died we got our present Shark upright cordless and it is really very good. I miss the Kirby for hoovering the artificial lawn.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had very good service from a Dyson corded many years ago. Since then we got a Dyson hand held animal. It was awful. Other family members and friends have said the same.

We then got a Kirby. Now that was so powerful the wheels are driven otherwise it would be too hard to push. It did everything including shampooing, but was really heavy. As it became difficult, it was confined to the garage and we got two Vax battery uprights for indoors using the Kirby once a month. When they all died we got our present Shark upright cordless and it is really very good. I miss the Kirby for hoovering the artificial lawn.

John
Hi John which model on the shark cordless have you got and what the charge time like ?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi John which model on the shark cordless have you got and what the charge time like ?

These are the current models like mine. I see the Pet version is on offer. The gubbins lifts off for doing stars and cars and there is a powered tool that came with mine. It looks weird but does a good job. The battery easily lifts out and it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to charge in its stand. Running time is enough for the house.

C07AA892-64E7-43BC-A133-9B2A517E5B83.jpeg

Oct 11, 2022
Visit site
I am very lucky having two cleaners from opposite ends of the market. I had a Shark anti wrap with a cord when they first hit the market - it was everything it said on the box . Good with pet hairs and grand daughter whose tresses are waist length but the motor packed up in the summer and given 6-8 months replacement window. So bought a Sebo Felix and this is like comparing a Bentley to a Lada - powerful Insatiable remover of all before it and great for large rooms But it is on the heavy side though can twist and turn with ease. I also have a Shark liftAway which is anti hair wrap and cordless, comes with a spare battery. I use it upstairs and it goes under beds, is as light as a feather and never gets clogged. i couldn’t live with a cordless without a spare battery - waiting to finish a job would kill me.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our caravan on board Dyson V6 handheld has been brilliant last three years. Two speed. Low is fine for 25 mins high 15. Keeps the van very clean, filters easy to clean as are the roller brush easily removed for hair removal. Light and had a powered head but not the telescopic stand up on. Light too

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
These are the current models like mine. I see the Pet version is on offer. The gubbins lifts off for doing stars and cars and there is a powered tool that came with mine. It looks weird but does a good job. The battery easily lifts out and it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to charge in its stand. Running time is enough for the house.

View attachment 3999
Hi John look at both items they look great but would prefer Pet Vacuum but out of stock but thanks for your input

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am very lucky having two cleaners from opposite ends of the market. I had a Shark anti wrap with a cord when they first hit the market - it was everything it said on the box . Good with pet hairs and grand daughter whose tresses are waist length but the motor packed up in the summer and given 6-8 months replacement window. So bought a Sebo Felix and this is like comparing a Bentley to a Lada - powerful Insatiable remover of all before it and great for large rooms But it is on the heavy side though can twist and turn with ease. I also have a Shark liftAway which is anti hair wrap and cordless, comes with a spare battery. I use it upstairs and it goes under beds, is as light as a feather and never gets clogged. i couldn’t live with a cordless without a spare battery - waiting to finish a job would kill me.
Have been looking at a Shark Anti wrap pet vacuum with a cord and it got 5 stars on reviews and it in a sale so this could meet our requirements

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Be interested in how easy or hard it is to use on carpets with decent pile. Our Dyson (original) has great suction but is really hard work on carpets, so my wife tells me.
Our Shark has a variable suction lever on the handle,close it and you could hang the vacuum cleaner from the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts