Shower water presure

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
hi all can anybody help with a solution for my water presure problem in my shower i know its not a power shower but i only have a trickle of water i have a sterling elite searcher TA 2007 with the showers at the back of the van i have cleaned all the pipework got a eco shower head but still no better does the water preasure come from the pump in the aqua roll or is the a onboard pump to preasure the shower i have a onboard water tank 40L but do not use the other taps are ok but if there not used for a while the water is not there when you turn the tap on it takes a few seconds to get the water though any ideas anyone

Reactions: Tintentman

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The pressure for the water, whichever tap or shower you are using comes from whichever pump or water source you are using.
If using the external aquaroll, then that pump is used, if using the on board tank then it is that pump.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Once the system has been filled water should emerge from the tap almost immediately. The fact you are having to wait for it emerge suggests that a somewhere one or more non return valves (NRV) are not working.

This also suggests the water us controlled by microswitches in each tap rather than a pressure switch

Some designs of NRV's can be damaged if the system has not be fully drained and it has frozen during storage. The NRV may be jammed partially open which defeats its intended function, but also can restrict waterflow through it.

There is usually an NRV in the water inlet fitting in the side of the caravan, and one on the cold water inlet to your water heater.

If you have a mixer tap on your shower there may well be NRV's in both the hot and cold feed to the mixer.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There is another possibility of having a burst pipe on the shower system somewhere.
Does the shower water come through when you turn the mixer from hot to cold, is one stronger than the other , or just nothing at all coming through to the shower.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I have water hot and cold it s just the pressure i have pressure in the bathroom mixer taps just not the showe like i said before i dont expect a power shower just a bit more than whats comeing through

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Has this situation just started or has it always been the same?
On my Swift, we had a similar thing happen, turned out that within the connection pipe for the aqua roll had come loose within the plastic housing that plugs into the van had come adrift. Pushed back and secured and it was fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts