Signs of getting old

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
For the first time I am not taking my awning next week, reason being that few weeks ago putting it up was just too much for my knees and back. It has happened out of the blue so to speak. I Use to have my microwave out there along with my fishing gear so have to adapt accordingly.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a nice little lightweight air awning, 6 kg very easy and light to put up.
But I understand where your both coming from.

Studio_20210303_171245.jpg

Reactions: GaryB
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
As I was struggling the awning was the first to go, I did try an air awning but that was a mistake, (but they have much improved since). Then went to using a Fiamma bag awning, I contemplated getting a powered canopy fixed to the roof, but ended up having to give up altogether.

But on the plus side, after 7 years of playing hospital tennis, my consultant has agreed to give me an operation. This time next year..........

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we had our caravan we thought the Dorema starcamp quick n easy sunshade canopy was a lot easier to put up and take down

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We often don’t take an awning and we have a small two berth. You will adapt quickly. Be really ruthless with all the stuff you take, it is surprising what you can do without. Our even tinier Xplore 302 didn’t have a microwave. Didn’t miss it. The important thing is to enjoy your stay not find it hard work.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As per another thread, we are now having the same issue and are seriously considering a lightweight awning whether air or poled. I think we could manage a 260-300 which should not be too heavy to pull through the awning rail. Biggest problem is finding a reputable lightweight awning and from past experience Kampa is not on the list.

We do have the Isabella Eclipse Sunshade that can be fixed onto the Magnum or direct to the caravan. If we sell the Magnum, we will keep the sunshade.

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Seems like we are all in the same boat just bought a sun canopy to replace a fiamma 440 we also have a small 390 air awning this getting old is a ****** but needs are a must and will keep going as long as i can

guinness

Reactions: Hutch and Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have huge pegs to keep the sun canopy in place in case fo high winds. They are over a foot long with a crook at one end.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We have a two berth caravan, get away all through the year and have adapted to travelling light, we have an Isabella Shadow Canopy that is put up and taken down in minutes but does protect the entrance if it’s wet.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I have a air awning which is doddle to erec, it is doing the fixing down which is my problem, last time my son came for couple of days so no problem, plus taking it down was no problem as I have a hook to pull up the pegs

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After this weekend I think we will need to consider selling the Isabella Magnum as getting a bit much for us. Real shame, but no option as we really struggled with it erecting and taking down..

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Well here we are on site and no awning. We'll at moment in the last three days found no problem especially putting fishing gear away overnight as it all goes in car. Arrival day found me having a cuppa about twenty minutes not like before ,

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well here we are on site and no awning. We'll at moment in the last three days found no problem especially putting fishing gear away overnight as it all goes in car. Arrival day found me having a cuppa about twenty minutes not like before ,
We are away in two weeks time and are seriously considering using the sun canopy instead of the porch awning however we will have the porch awning in the car just in case.

Being very security conscious we are always concerned about leaving stuff like our air fryer, deckchairs etc and more importantly the beer outside for all to see. :unsure:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When we are away in the van, the chairs/table /cool box and things like dogs bed and waste bin are always left outside the van in the porch awning, only close the awning door if the weather look inclement, maybe I am over trusting on our caravanning community.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
When we are away in the van, the chairs/table /cool box and things like dogs bed and waste bin are always left outside the van in the porch awning, only close the awning door if the weather look inclement, maybe I am over trusting on our caravanning community.
Just as (almost) all of us leave the water barrel outside! Basically the caravanning community is trustworthy but like life in general, there are one or two bad sorts.

I have heard of a half-full toilet cassette being stolen so some people must be desparate!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We do the same when we have an awning up, but my concern was regarding if using only a sun canopy. What do you do with your stuff as a pain to load into the caravan every time you go out and then unload it on your return. :unsure:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We do the same when we have an awning up, but my concern was regarding if using only a sun canopy. What do you do with your stuff as a pain to load into the caravan every time you go out and then unload it on your return. :unsure:
Maybe, just put a light chain through everything with an audible alarm on .

May 3, 2021
Visit site
We have an air canopy – it doesn’t have a front panel and we never fit the sides.

When we’re out for the day we stow our stuff underneath the caravan in a lower “draft skirt” that has big zip-up pockets – out-of-sight and out-of-mind.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Maybe, just put a light chain through everything with an audible alarm on .
That could be difficult with a can of beer or cider. That means I would need to drink it before leaving the site to save carrying it all inside! 😂😂 😂

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We still have a small porch awning but make little use of it as with only two of us we find we do not need it. Not really a sign of age more a case of why bother.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We are away at present. Last time away we didn't bother with awning and didn't think we really missed it. But put it up this time and it's great, sat in it now with beer, cool box and small table with the kettle on. We prefer to sit outside and sat here listening to the bird song.

• Love
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we had our sun canopy it doesn"t have a front panel but ours came with sides we use to put a windbreak around the front and just leave the stuff under the caravan usually everything was there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts