Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Why in this country do we have to pay on arrival at a site.Often the weather takes a turn for the worst and it is time to move on, and if having booked for a longer period that money is lost.As our sites are quite expensive that can be quite a loss. If you book into a hotel in the UK you generally pay when you leave. What is the difference?

In all countries I have been to across the Channel with my caravan you pay when leaving the site.(Germany, France, Spain, Austria,Italy and Croatia)

G

Not entirely true. In Europe especially in high season you may be asked to pay the whole stay up front. I do accept that if you start your stay in low season then yes, you usually wait until departure before leaving.

Mind you if you do an Advance Booking then payment in advance is required.

Possibly it is because the British Companies running sites do not trust the visitors to behave conscientiously, but more likely that the 'bean counters' are running the show and revenues as soon as possible are demanded.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The last time I went to France and Spain I was asked to leave my passport with Reception until leaving, that is possibly why payment is not demanded until leaving.

I have been on sites in this country where people have arrived, spent the night then left early the next morning without paying.

I think that site owners are fully entitled to ask for payment to stop ths kind of behaviour from some people.

Before I get shot down in flames, I KNOW not all are like that, but it does not take many to tarnish everyone else.

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
You pay on arrival at Caravan Club sites. If you leave early you will get a refund for the nights not used. On day of departure if you leave by mid day you get that night back as well. J.Lo

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've always expected to pay on arrival at a campsite.

Chris, the site can't do anything about bad weather and I think it's extremely unfair of you to expect a refund from a campsite because you want to move on due to bad weather. How are they supposed to make a living? If everyone does that, they wouldn't make anything in bad weather.

We've been on sites and it's rained and rained etc, but wouldn't dream of asking for a refund.

I suggest you go abroad if you want sunshine, although these days, even that can't be guaranteed.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Even abroad they often want security such as a passport or camping card (cant think of proper name) from CC or C&CC its quite reasonable to pay on arrival.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Even abroad they often want security such as a passport or camping card (cant think of proper name) from CC or C&CC its quite reasonable to pay on arrival.
I have no problem about giving security on arrival at a site. But no site that I have stayed in abroad have I paid up front unless I am only staying one night. This also includes peak times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts