Site prices gone up again

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the past two years we have been stopping at the same capsite in Cornwall. Nice site, no overcrowding but not much on it only 3 showers and some toilets. Pool room, field for dogs.

Last year it cost us £18 a night which included two dogs at £2 a night. (The previous year it was 50p per dog).

I've just looked at the website to book for this year and it's gone up to £23 per night. They have put a charge on of £1 a night for annexes.

I know this doesn't sound like an expensive site.

However, we usually go for about 22 nights. Last year it cost £396.

This year for 22 nights it will cost £506 which sees an increase of £110.

Lisa

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It does seem a lot but with fuel charges and council taxes going up is it any wonder?

They may have been running at the same price for some time and decided that they have to catch up with recent hikes in costs.

At the end of the day you have the choice to vote with your feet.

I can't for the life of me see why sites charge for dogs either.

We more or less abandoned Cornwall years ago as it was cheaper to go to France and the odds being on having fine weather.

We love Cornwall but it has always been a greedy area!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We've found most sites with dog walk areas often use a piece of land that they can't use for anything else. People these days clear up after the dogs so what actually are you paying for!

We've seen one price for any sized van but extra charge for annexe, families on a budget with a small van ending up paying more than some with larger vans.

If you compare some camp site prices to an all hotel family room with full bathroom heating and tv etc it makes you wonder about pricing, not that I like hotels.

Your right about kennel prices but I can't see that excuses an increase from 50p per dog to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts