Sites for the Summer in Devon and Cornwall.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello All
I have been searching the internet and asking people for a weeks but don't seem to have found a site yet!! We will be travelling in the school holidays with a teenager and 2 dogs to Devon/Cornwall. We would like a site that has a bit going on but not laid on "entertainment" as such. I would really like quite secluded pitches, preferably fully serviced allowing a pup tent, a swimming pool if possible, perhaps a bar or within walking distance of a local pub. It has to be dog friendly with a dog walk area on site and if it could be within walking distance of a beach which allows dogs on that would be ideal. Some sites I have looked at have a games room and that might be nice for my 14 yr old to meet others. I would be really grateful if anyone has any suggestions as I think this could take me a while.......Thanks!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We tour with three children, all teens from next week and three dogs. I'm sorry to say that the only sites we use are CL's and CS's mostly with no facilities other than an EHU, used not to bother with that either. That doesn't get you the facilities that you necessarily require but does often get you a nice secluded and quiet spot. One such CL was just 3 miles out of Dartmouth and cost us £5 per night 4 years ago and the same year a similarly good location cost us more with EHU in Penzance. You often find a pub near by but unlikely to get a serviced pitch etc. There probably are sites out there that tick more boxes but at a silly price. Maybe not much help but we didn't want you to feel ignored.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jallin, here's three to take a look at, they all wont meet your specific request but may give you an idea.

Cofton

Beverly

Widend

Cofton has a small pub on site if you dont want full on entertainment, word of warning the allocated dog walk is really steep, BUT it is in walking distance from Dawlish Warren where I belive you can walk dogs in certain area.

Beverly, actually dont know if they take dogs????? But again you can walk to the beach, Goodrington Sands.

Widend has pub on site but not within walking distance to a beach, havent used the dog walk on this one so cant comment.

Good Luck.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I think you might have to make some compromises on what you want. A lot of beaches don't allow dogs during the summer unless you go of the beaten track. But the CC site at Looe could suit or Hillhead at Brixham both with pools. Dinham Farm near Wadebridge for a more informal site.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your replies. I will have a look and fully appreciate that my list was a wish list and I won;t get everything on it. I think I err more towards the quieter sites than the busy but would like a nice pub to walk to and don't want my teenager to feel isolated as it will be her first holiday without her brother to keep her company! This is our first UK holiday in many a year so I am really doing my research. Thanks again

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I stayed at Cofton at the end of sept this year. Lovely site, they do take dogs and I am planning on going back! I have also stayed on one near Newquay called cottage farm. They
Make you a cup of tea on arrival! Lovely owners! 10 min drive to Newquay town centre

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stowford Farm has most of what you are asking for it is a big site but divided int several fields our daughter enjoyed it when she was a teenager,they have a website so may be worth a look

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi All
Well after much research I have narrowed it down to two sites - Dornafield near Newton Abbot in Devon and Trethem Mill on the Roseland peninsula in Cornwall. Has anyone any experience of either/both or any information about the local areas. Thank you!

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Trethem Mill is one of the best sites we have been on. Facilities are spotless as is the whole site really.
We were lucky to get one of the pitches on the higher part of the site. They have a pizza van and chip van visit which were really popular. Plus the area is so nice to visit plenty to see and do. We definately intend to return!

Steve

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Dornafield is a great site! What's nice is that you can choose from either pretty, no frills pitches in the old orchard or pristine serviced hardstandings in one of several areas. The entrance is quite narrow, but you don't have to go far from the main road.

Wherever you end up going, I hope you have a great time!

jallin said:
Hi All
Well after much research I have narrowed it down to two sites - Dornafield near Newton Abbot in Devon and Trethem Mill on the Roseland peninsula in Cornwall. Has anyone any experience of either/both or any information about the local areas. Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts