Sites near Calais

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
We are looking at staying quite close to Calais and would like to know if anybody knows of any nice sites that would be good for a 2 week stay with plenty to do-considering Chateau de Gandspette-any info would be welcome

G

Have only once stayed near Calais and that was for 1 night waiting for a Eurotunnel. The site was in Boulogne and bluntly it wwas b....y awful. I believe there are better sites a bit inland, but there are a number of fairly obvious reasons why I would give Calais itself a wide berth.

Personally I would head further south towards Abbeville and look for sites around the Bay de Somme, which is a very attractive area with a lot of sites and plenty to do. It is only 2 hours or so driving and far better area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris

If you really intend to stay that long close to Calais Gandspette would be a good choice as would Le Bien Assise at Guines. Both sites are of a very good standard. I suppose one health warning would be that both sites are busy with overnighters waiting for their crossing or people just staying a day or two so you will have people coming and going at all through the evening and early morning. However in both sites there are pitches that are more out of the way. If you were prepared to go a little further into France or along the cost you would find plenty of sites a little more peaceful for a longer stay.

David

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chris

We often have had breaks in Le Touquet, before we bought out van. There is a site in Le Touquet that looks nice with good access. It's only 45 minutes solo from Calais port. Lovely beach, excellent eating places and handy for getting around.

Calais IMO is not worth the fuel to visit.

Cheers

John and Nicola

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts