Sites near Preston

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We have got a five week job to do at Longton near Preston Lanc's. Having been up there last week to put up the frames, we found that trying to find a good cheap B&B was near impossible and we ended up in the welcome lodge at Chunock richard services and the Preston/Choreley travel lodge.

Does anyone have any info regarding either a reasonable basic caravan site (with electric and shower block) or even know ofa good B&B that we might use within say 8 miles of Longton.

Our lodging allowance is £30 a day and that's supposed to get us room and 3 square meals.

Cheers

Steve.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Steve,

I live a few miles down the road from Longton (in Penwortham). I am not aware of any caravan sites in the area other than the residential-static types. I think that your only option would be a CL of which there are certainly a few, but I doubt if many of them have showers in this area. It is not really a touristy type area. I also know ther are a few B&Bs knocking around (one just outside Longton on the A59) but dont know what they are like. There are also 2 travelodge type places at the end of the M65 as you come off the M6 which are closer to Longton than Charnock Richard Just out of interest (nosiness) what is the job you are working on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve in Leo try the Royal Umpire site at Croston, good clean site and there's a "two for one" pub over the road. We have stayed here on a few occasions when picking up new vans from Campbells at Lostock Hall. Bazz.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve. Are you in the CC. If so there is a CL next door to Martin Mere the wildfowl trust we go to regularly. about 15 minutes from longton and the site has ehu and a toilet/shower. depending on summer bookings you may not be able to stay that long but worth a shout

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, we visited one near Preston called Leisure Lakes, albeit a few years ago now, but it had a small bar on site and I think it was only for tourers. There was a golf range next to it also.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Steve,

I live a few miles down the road from Longton (in Penwortham). I am not aware of any caravan sites in the area other than the residential-static types. I think that your only option would be a CL of which there are certainly a few, but I doubt if many of them have showers in this area. It is not really a touristy type area. I also know ther are a few B&Bs knocking around (one just outside Longton on the A59) but dont know what they are like. There are also 2 travelodge type places at the end of the M65 as you come off the M6 which are closer to Longton than Charnock Richard Just out of interest (nosiness) what is the job you are working on.
We are at a farm in Drum acre lane east just off the A59 dual track. Putting up two 300ft X 65ft chicken sheds for the farmer. We put up the 2 steel framesin just 4 15hour days between four of us.

The B&B on the A59 is too expensive. We have a daily lodging allowance of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts