sites near Rouen

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of any sites near to the motorway around Rouen? We have stayed at La Foret but found it was a very long way back to the motorway the following morning.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Richard
We would recommend Camping St-Nicolas near to the village of Le Bec-Hellouin. This site is 30Km SW of Rouen and only a short drive from the A"8.
It is recommended in the "Alan Rogers France" and the Caravan Club's "Caravan Europe (1)" guides. You can read a number of positive reviews here:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=8165
Mine is the first (Tim and Cary)
I hope this helps.
Tim

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Richard
I would just like to endorse Tim's selection . We stayed there a few years back and Lec Bec-Hellouin is well worth a stroll to in the evening.
Lulubelle

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Even more important - buy some local Cider from the site wardens (who incidently don't speak English but manage to make themselves understood.) It is not a head-banger but it tastes wonderful.
Ablutions are spotless, there are clothes washing facilities, a sports field, and as others have said a nice albeit steepish walk into the village which has several restaurants and a large working abbey with English connections. The site was well protected from weather/winds until they cut down the 20ft high 30-40yd long beech hedge!
Nearest town is Brionne which has a medium Carrfour and a couple of smaller supermarkets plus some nice browsing shops.

Site is very quiet, not generally too busy, and as the view to the SE is clear sat reception is no problem.

Highly recommended.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Richard
Apologies for not seeing this earlier, if you are using Internet Explorer 9 please Click Here and follow the simple instructions to activate the compatibility mode for this forum.
Using Wordpad to compose and edit comments prior to posting can also cause text loading issues.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts