sites open in winter

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Looking for sites open during the winter months for tourers but guides often say open during this time but don't always say it's only for statics therefore wasting time and phone calls.

Does anyone know a web site or have experience on sites open for tourers. Perhaps her Ladyship may have ideas! p.s. only sites no further south than Manchester.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Trish,

I have no idea what part of the country you live in, and what areas you want to cover :eek:)

We live in Scotland,so know that the Club Sites at Edinburgh, Craigie Gardens ( Ayr )and Braemar are all open during the winter.

In the Lake District the Club site Troutbeck ( between Keswick and Penrith ) is open until after the New Year.

Chester Club site is also open all year,and Meathop Fell Club site ( Grange over Sands ).

That's just off the top of my head.If I really put my mind to it I'm sure that I could find a few more.

Hope this helps you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Few more to add to the ones Maureen has already mentioned CC sites also open all year at Melrose, Maybole & Newcastleton in Scotland. Durham, Stockton (White Water) in England. There is also a fantastic CL which has hard standings open all year at Hutton-le-Hole on the edge of the North Yorkshire moors. Some other sites which I think just shut for a short time in January are River Laver (Ripon), Wild Rose(Appleby), Holgates (Silverdale), Rudding Park (Harrogate) and St Helens (near Scarborough).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts