Sites South Of France

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at Camping Lestap near Mazamet, we stayed there for two weeks and it was really nice. But it depends on what you are looking for.Overnight we stop at Dourdan ( camping Le Petits Pres) about 230 miles ffrom Dunkerque and within a few miles (5) of the A10. Around Paris we use the A104/N104 La Francilienne which rings Paris to the east immediately after CDG airport.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
When you say 'South of France' do you have a particular region in mind? There's the Riviera or inland a bit Provence, the Camargue, the Cevennes mountains, the Ardeche, the Languedoc/Roussillon, Midi-Pyrenees, or the Atlantic coast by Biarritz. I've seen them all described as the South of France.
Most people mean the Riviera/Cote d'Azur - which is the most crowded part in July - so perhaps consider inland as Other Clive suggests.
It depends, too, what you want from a campsite. Do you have children with you? Do you want a large all-singing site, with bar, restaurant and entertainment, or would you be happier with a smaller site with basic facilities. Do you need to be near a beach, do you want surfing or boating, or a river to mess around in, or a lake? All these are important in offering recommendations. If you could give us a bit more information I'm sure you'd get lots of replies and suggestions.

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Compass,
If you are looking for a nice site near Calais on your return can highly recommend http://www.campingstlouis.com/modulosite2/fiche.php?id_bouton=688&id=133&fr=0
Only approx. twenty minutes from Calais, near the old town of Ardres with a really good English speaking Vet. if you travel with a pet and also recommend a great wine shop
http://www.boursot.co.uk/index.html
Regards.

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
sorry, I did forget to say what type of site and where. looking to go to riviera part of the south. Would like somewhere not too quiet as have two children 13 and 10 so good pool area would be good and a lake or river a bonus for the canoe. stop over about half way from calais and return too
Regard

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
If you want a lake, and a river, then the sites in and around Roquebrune (near Frejus) are a good bet - you have both the river Argens, and the lake too and not far from some lovely beaches. However, some of these sites were badly affected this year by flooding, and I'm not sure that they'll be re-opening in 2011 - the tourist information website might be able to offer more information.
I'm sure someone who's visited this area more recently than us will come along with some recommendations. It's a while since we were down that way.
Halfway to Calais might well be Macon - there's a good municipal site literally just off the autoroute, or further south another site at Villefranche sur Saone, or Tournus - all good for overnight stops, but again it's been a while since we used the Rhone Valley route.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts