Smoking Ban

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As an ex-smoker (ain't we the worse ones?) may I say that smokers are a dieing breed. Quit now, you know it makes sense.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Best thing that could happen. I used to smoke the occasional cigar but not on a regular basis. Haven't had one now for some time and don't miss it - whisk(e)y would be a different matter. In Wales it is being introduced on 2nd. April 2007 - not April Fool's Day as the powers that be thought it could be misconstrued as a joke.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I am the same as Lol an ex-smoker (about 2.5 years now)Some times I don't mind the smell but other times when in a pub and 4 or 5 people light up at the same time close by it is to much, then I think the ban is a good idea.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Smoking ban has been in force here North of the Border for a while and is great. About the only thing the Scottish Parliment has done of any good!!!
Couldn't agree more. Generally, the SP has been a very expensive waste of time populated by glorified councillors in it for what they can get out of it. Or is that just being cynical?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz it is the one of the few enjoyments I have left in life when I am relaxing - my glass of whisk(e)y is like a comforter to a baby with a dummy. Please do NOT deny me this pleasure as well - talk about a dictororial state. As stated in today's Daily Mail - the man of the house makes the rules, however the wife has the perogative to alter them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No disrespect to you Liz as we have never met. However my first job was in a concrete testing laboratory and next door was a factory employing approx 100 females on the factory floor. we used to refer to them as the curler queens. They would be waiting for the bus outside at home time with curlers in their hair, cigarette hanging out of the corner of their mouth and full length aprons on. They made Hilda Ogden look smart and sexy.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
No disrespect taken colin, I have to say I used to be a barmaid several years ago, whisky drinkers were the worst,(They reminded me of Stan Odgen) smokers no problem what so ever. Liz( have to becareful here otherwise (strange ojects) might appear hehehe Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know what you mean regarding bar maids being strange objects - my wife worked behind the bar of both a Labour Club and the village pub for approx. 24 years and you can't get more strange than her hehehehe ( I can say this as she has gone to bed and does not bother with the computer).

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
After a good clean with the Mop and Bucket,(My 4x4) nothing is more satisfing than a nice cigarette, sorry to all your non smokers and ex smokers, I do a hard graft. What ever you fancy does you good. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The original prewar radio show, ITMA cleaning lady - "Can I do you now sir.....". Sorry Liz I know from previous postings that you are a young lady. If you enjoy a cigarette go on and have one - my wife smokes approx. 5 - 8 per day. Wont give it up as she says she enjoys a ciggy with a cup of tea.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Thank you not so young, I must admit I never started smoking early must have been about 21ish, when my time is up its up,regardless if I smoke, thats my view.Must say goodnight early morning start. Take Care All, Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts