Snooper vetura caravan dedicated satnav or similar.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alan,

i have the snooper s7000 truckmate because I drive coaches and hgvs as well as tow the van.So far it has given very accurate predictions and made allowances for teh sizes and weights I put in it,that said it got itself tied in a knot in Tipton last week but forgive and forget ehh?

At

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alan,

I bought the Snooper S7000 Caravan/Motorhome satnav about the middle of September 09, and sent it back the middle of October. Had nothing but trouble with it. Contacted tech support who informed me they had found a bug in the program, they sent me a disk with the updated program but after instaling the program I had more problems than ever.

I found it was very slow to react, the position icon on the screen was always about 30 yards behind to where you were ie you would pass a junction in the car before satnav.

I also found because of it being so slow to react it would tell you to turn left or right after you had gone past the turning. I once had it set to caravan mode, it told me to turn left then right which would have ended up down a dead end road, had I had the caravan on the back I would have been well p***ed off.

Another example I set a route to Jard Sur Mer, on the west coast of France from home in south Wales, via Portsmouth/St Malo, it took me to Portsmouth then east to Dover on the ferry to Calais, down the north coast of France to St Malo then south to Jard Sur Mer, my old Tom Tom Go Classic got it spot on using the ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo.

I think they still have a lot of work to do on these units before I will take another look at them, I sent mine back and had a Tom Tom Go 750 Live in it's place, so far i'm very happy with the tom tom.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alan,

I bought the Snooper S7000 Caravan/Motorhome satnav about the middle of September 09, and sent it back the middle of October. Had nothing but trouble with it. Contacted tech support who informed me they had found a bug in the program, they sent me a disk with the updated program but after instaling the program I had more problems than ever.

I found it was very slow to react, the position icon on the screen was always about 30 yards behind to where you were ie you would pass a junction in the car before satnav.

I also found because of it being so slow to react it would tell you to turn left or right after you had gone past the turning. I once had it set to caravan mode, it told me to turn left then right which would have ended up down a dead end road, had I had the caravan on the back I would have been well p***ed off.

Another example I set a route to Jard Sur Mer, on the west coast of France from home in south Wales, via Portsmouth/St Malo, it took me to Portsmouth then east to Dover on the ferry to Calais, down the north coast of France to St Malo then south to Jard Sur Mer, my old Tom Tom Go Classic got it spot on using the ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo.

I think they still have a lot of work to do on these units before I will take another look at them, I sent mine back and had a Tom Tom Go 750 Live in it's place, so far i'm very happy with the tom tom.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)
Thanks for replies.I think I will delay replacing my old tomtom for a while and see if things improve.Thanks again.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts