Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello folks,

Well it's snowing in Derbyshire,awoke to the white stuff about 8 this morning & it's still snowing although not as fast,must have got a good 3 to 4 inches of the stuff,bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr.

Laird Al

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
DDouglas doubt you would get to Buxton today we live just over the Pennines from it about 12 mile, looking from our village (Bollington) loads of snow on the tops, 6" here in the village, went through Buxton yesterday via the cat fiddle on or way to Chatsworth must have been a foot then, bet their is another 18" after last night and this morning.

Will no more off to Rainow now walking with the dogs will soon tell how much their was dropped last night.

NigelH

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Whats the odds on us having another winter like this one next year? I bet the tree huggers and global warming brigade are having a cold sweat over this?

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
DDouglas doubt you would get to Buxton today we live just over the Pennines from it about 12 mile, looking from our village (Bollington) loads of snow on the tops, 6" here in the village, went through Buxton yesterday via the cat fiddle on or way to Chatsworth must have been a foot then, bet their is another 18" after last night and this morning.

Will no more off to Rainow now walking with the dogs will soon tell how much their was dropped last night.

NigelH
HI NGH went over the cat&fiddle last year yes i would think there will be a fair ammount of snow up there very high up, same as we have up over Drummochter pass between Blairatholl & Dalwhinnie,used to be closed a lot main road to north of Scotland A9 north .not as mutch now not the same ammount of snow as we used to get

cheers Duggie

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Let me explain the science. When its hot its "global warming" when we have snow/ice/wind/cold its "climate change". Simples.

mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We went on a C&CC rally last Wednesday and came back home today.

It's the first time that I've managed to persuade Herself to try winter caravanning and while we're not in permanent caravanners like Ogre's or Steve in Leo's league we felt that we gained something and saw yet another facet of our hobby.

The rally which included our D.A. AGM was well attended with over 50 units turning up. I took a couple of photos which I'll post here because the thread is about snow....

If this had been coming down before we set out we wouldn't have gone

Our little porch awning stood up to the snow well and gave us somewhere to take our shoes off

The rally was well attended, this was after the snow had cleared

This area forms part of the site and dog owners let their dogs have some excersise here.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

It's the first time that I've managed to persuade Herself to try winter caravanning and while we're not in permanent caravanners like Ogre's or Steve in Leo's league we felt that we gained something and saw yet another facet of our hobby.

The rally which included our D.A. AGM was well attended with over 50 units turning up. I took a couple of photos which I'll post here because the thread is about snow....

Our little porch awning stood up to the snow well and gave us somewhere to take our shoes off

This area forms part of the site and dog owners let their dogs have some excersise here.
Did anybody spot the Bailey Pegasus in the photos?

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
HI NGH went over the cat&fiddle last year yes i would think there will be a fair ammount of snow up there very high up, same as we have up over Drummochter pass between Blairatholl & Dalwhinnie,used to be closed a lot main road to north of Scotland A9 north .not as mutch now not the same ammount of snow as we used to get

cheers Duggie
Douglas The Cat wasn't closed but was meant to be playing golf at Cavendish Golf Club today, which is in Buxton totally out of the question.

Just hoping it all clears for the 4th of March has we are due to go to Chatsworth doubt we would get their this week as we would have to go via Chapel le frith and the dove holes.

NigelH

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site

A bit hard to spot, but its the one with the satellite dish in front, front locker gives it away .....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi parkys this is sue did you tell mick thee site owner about bill the fisherman i see you had the snow like we did we have been there when its snowed and it does look lovely as you look down the valley

from sue

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sue

We never saw the site owner all the time that we were there unfortunately.

Because we were on a rally we paid or site fees to the C&CC steward at his caravan.

We are going back for another rally in the Easter Holiday in early April so I will find Mick and tell him about Bill's operation.

Any news on when it will be yet?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sue

We never saw the site owner all the time that we were there unfortunately.

Because we were on a rally we paid or site fees to the C&CC steward at his caravan.

We are going back for another rally in the Easter Holiday in early April so I will find Mick and tell him about Bill's operation.

Any news on when it will be yet?
hi he saw a consultant last wek and he said about 8 weeks or could be sooner

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi its sue again my hubby bill had is quad bypass last monday came home on friday all is going well at the mo if you are going yewtree farm for easter and get talking to mick thee owner would you please metion it to him bill the fisherman from stoke

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts