Social event of the year - PC forum users meet up on campsite...

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

My purpose in this posting is to enquire if any of you nice people would be interested in meeting up on a site somewhere for a good old get together and shin dig. Probably over a weekend.

I was thinking possibly in the spring of 06.

I've run the idea past the mod and he/she said it's ok to put this posting on.

If you are interested, please reply here and suggest dates, venue (please bear in mind a central location, for example, the Midlands, might be easier for people to travel to. Nothing to do with me living in Notts!

If you're not interested, please could you state that too.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Lh

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I'm up for it Lisa, and would be more than happy to help with the organisation (site bar inspections etc)

Seriously though great idea it could be a laugh,the midlands sounds good anyone out there know of any sites?

I just hope it doesn't turn in to a riot going by recent postings Rorke's Drift springs to mind.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

Thanks

You could test the beer if you like, just to make sure it's not off. I'll do the fire inspection.

Lisa.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We would definately be interested in comming along, it would be great to put some faces to names. We have never attended any rallies or club meetings so can't really help with advice but the midlands sounds about the best location. do non of the club sites allow private rallies ?.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great idea! Most of us make the effort to get away for Easter so how about that for a weekend? Need to plan it soon though as you all know, it gets booked up fast.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Easter sounds good. I like chocolate.

Any suggestions how we are going to get firm bookings as we would need to send deposits off. I suppose people could foward their deposits to the site direct but how do we monitor it, what I mean is if a certain number of people say they want to go, how do we know they have paid the deposit? What happens if they pay their deposit and don't turn up, would we be liable?

The end of May/first week of june IS OUT for me. Appleby horse fair.

Any suggestions?

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First find a place, if those that want to go, put in a suggestion, and personally I think somewhere in the Midlands too, we can call the site and ask them what we can and can't do and what they can or can't do. Once we get a feel for that, we can move onto the way we pay for it. Does anyone have a large tent or marquee to use as a meeting point?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Easter sounds good. I like chocolate.

Any suggestions how we are going to get firm bookings as we would need to send deposits off. I suppose people could foward their deposits to the site direct but how do we monitor it, what I mean is if a certain number of people say they want to go, how do we know they have paid the deposit? What happens if they pay their deposit and don't turn up, would we be liable?

The end of May/first week of june IS OUT for me. Appleby horse fair.

Any suggestions?

Lisa
Not watching Eastenders Lisa?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Gone off it a bit. There's an excellent programme on tonight at 10pm BBC 3 - gypsy wars.

Lisa
Hmm, that does coincide with the end of Gordons R's swearing chamionship, might take a look at that.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm, that does coincide with the end of Gordons R's swearing chamionship, might take a look at that.
Probably. I watched it last night about a gypsy camp site in Essex, the biggest one in Europe. Can't comment too much on here, I'll tell you about my possible involvement when we meet up.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
What a pity, over Easter I'm up to my eyes. Its my daughters Debutante Ball on Good Friday and also the Point to Point Championships on the Sunday. Oh yes, Clay Pidgeon shooting on Easter Monday. It would have been nice to loan you one of my paddocks at Screwemm Hall.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dates not fixed yet L.B. you don't get out of it that easy! And I have just deleted the smut that I was about to write about Grand entrance halls and bareback riding! Think the Mod has me on the run...

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I've got a 6 berth frame tent buried in the garage somewhere but I think we'll need a marquee.

How about the mag getting involved somewhere along the line? like sponsoring a marquee,I'm sure they would get an article out of it,more interesting than some of late.

How about it Mr Mod?

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Lisa

What a shame the Plassey isn't more central, as the only site manager/ owner who to my knowledge has ever posted, or shown an interest, I bet a deal could be done!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it could be like internet dating (not that Ive done any mind!). We all have our own perception of each other and may become very disappointed when we finally meet. So personally I would like to know the date(s) and venue so that I can steer clear if necessary. However, my mate Kang. (deceased, hopefully temporarily) has kindly offered the grounds to his humble abode to host such a meet on condition that he gets, at the very least, a snog off Lisa and Tina. I hope that the Mod. will be there to sort out any problems. Being as Kanga is still awaiting sentence all replies will have to be sent via myself and I will pass them on to him post haste.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Can I suggest Lickhill in Stourport on Severn which has excellent facilities and also EHU or there is Leedons park in Broadway which ahs some EHU. Neither are very far off the M5 with Stourport being the closest. Lickhill Caravan Park offers very good prices for ralliers and the site is virtually in the town or easy walking distance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts