Software problem with Trusteer Rapport

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi all. I am having a problem with my anti key logging software which was downloaded at the request of Alliance and Leicester. It has previously worked ok., but recently (following automatic update??) does not show any anti logging events in the weekly report when it should do. I have received a response from Trusteer support which suggests a conflict but is otherwise not very helpful.

The above happens on both my desktop and laptop running XP.

If there is anyone out there who uses this software, I would be obliged if you could check whether or not it is working on your machines, and what version of Windows you are running. This might help me to supply Trusteer with details to help them fix the problem.

I know, I could have asked this on a computer forum, but I do not belong to any, and you are such a helpful bunch of people, I thought I would just try here first.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy your holidays,

Trevor M

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi, it is me again. I have managed to get Rapport working again as described in my note to Trusteer Support reproduced below. If you see the same problem you can use this method to get it working:

"Further update: By opening the Console I have found that the 'Block Keylogging' and 'Protect Payment Card Numbers of Partner Websites' attributes were both set to NEVER! No one had changed these manually on my computers.

Having reset these to defaults, and stopped and restarted Rapport, keylogging now seems to be ok. again.

The mystery remains as to how these became 'switched off,' which appears to be a serious problem since the primary function of this system is to prevent fraud.

I would be interested to hear your conclusions."

Sorry if I have wasted anyone's time.

Enjoy your holidays,

Trevor M

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Trevor

I don't have the software the you described but my computer protection system does incorporate an anti keylogger.

Your post serves as a reminder to all to check that their anti virus systems are operating correctly

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks Trevor.

Most curious. I have three computers with this software installed (provided by my bank, not A&L).

The Windows 7 machine had the same incorrect settings you describe, though I had never changed them. The two XP machines were both OK.

One to keep an eye on. The problem with defensive software like this is it needs to work - if it doesn't, and misplaced confidence in it makes you less vigilant than you would be otherwise, you are worse off than when you started!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Update: I reported the problem to Trusterr and received the following repaly -

"Rapport is designed to detect and avoid potential conflicts with your computer configuration which may results in problems when using the keyboard. When a potential conflict is detected, Rapport disables its anti-keylogging mechanism automatically.

This is a temporary workaround until a permanent fix for this problem is found."

So it might partially disable itself again.

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan; you at least appear to have received confirmation that Trusteer are working on a fix for the problem. In my most recent response (below) they did not seem to accept there was a problem with their S/W:

"Changing the "Block Keylogging" to "Never", has been done automatically by Rapport.

It has probably been done due to an update of Rapport or some other software as we stated before.

If manually setting it to "On Partner & My Sensitive Websites" didn't cause you any problems, please keep those settings.

However, if you encounter any problems- please contact us again."

One to keep an eye on I guess. I am somewhat reassured now that it was not just me who was affected!!

Enjoy your holidays,

Trevor M.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts