Solar panel controler/regulator

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone advise me on my solar controler ?? Looking at my controler from the front there is a little window with a red button that say's set polaraty and when pressed the figure goes from 10 to 90 can anyone advise me on what this needs to be set at or is it not important to the running of my solat panel chargeing my battery thanks for any replys

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone advise me on my solar controler ?? Looking at my controler from the front there is a little window with a red button that say's set polaraty and when pressed the figure goes from 10 to 90 can anyone advise me on what this needs to be set at or is it not important to the running of my solat panel chargeing my battery thanks for any replys
Surely the manufactures instructions tell you what its for?

But I think it would be helpful if you could at least tell us the make and model of the unit your referring to.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking at you photo, it doesn't say "Charging Polarity" its "Charging Priority" which has a very different meaning.

Also the photo shows you can have two batteries connected, my guess is the "priority" relates to which battery you want to charge most. But this should all be in the manufacturers instructions.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
No there is only one battery conected the other two cables are from the solar panel itself and could not see anything in the instructions regarding this setting

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site

Your charge controller is PWM type and is a dual battery controller.

I am thinking that you are referring to 'Charging Priority' as opposed to "
set polarity", given that you have only one battery connected it does not matter what priority you set it to, but you can if preferred set the controller to 'battery 1', given that you have connected your battery cables to the battery No.1 ports.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts