Solar Panel Mounting

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am looking at fixing my soloar panel to the roof of my Motorhome, I have purchased the plastic mounts for the corners of the panel and also some adhesive/mastic listed for fixing panels etc to motorhomes etc. But the problems I am thinking about are 1: do you also screw the corner units to the roof as well as this glue and 2: I have a charge controler that I have removed from my caravan with the 120w panel, but the only entry point is down via the old airel point but the battery is on the other side of the van? can I connect it in via the control panel that is the same side as the panel will be. any help will be helpfull cheers

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The less holes you make in the roof the better. Even screw holes, sealed with a good adhesive/sealant such as Sikaflex can leak eventually. Best to just stick the panel brackets to the roof. If you feel they are not strong enough you could stick additional angle brackets along the sides of the panel. All solar panels should be wired via a controller. If your existing controller has the facility to accept a solar panel you could use it. However, a dedicated solar panel controller, such as a Stecca PR 1010, gives you a lot more user relevant information. Keep all cable runs as short as is practical using the right amperage wire as per instructions. (p.s. there are of course other makes of adhesive/sealant and control panels on the market)
Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts