Soleil Plage - Dordogne & Les Criques de Porteil - Rousillon

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Has anybody stayed at either of the above sites?

We are looking to book them (a week on each) for next August and would be interested in any comments - good or bad.

We have 2 school age children so some entertainment would be good but we don't really want anything too noisy.

Thanks

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Soleil Plage in September this year (two of us, no children) and liked it very much - however, we were there outside peak season. The site is in two areas, the lower area down by the river is quite away from the pools, bar, restaurant area - so you're unlikely to be affected by noise from any entertainment. The pitches are huge down by the river, with just the right amount of shade. Washblocks are good - with plenty of loos, showers, and basins. Kept very clean, too. We had a coupls of nice meals at the restaurant (which runs 'theme nights' so we had Moroccan one night). Pools are good, and warm enough, there are some slides (not enormous) and a good play area for kids. The river is good - being reasonably shallow, with an island to paddle out to if the water level is low - but the river can rise. We had wanted to stay at Soleil for part of our May holiday, but at that time the river was in flood, and quite scary!! Scenery around the site is lovely, we walked to the Chateau de Montfort up through the woods at the back of the site.

Visited Criques de Porteils years ago, and went back for another look when my son worked in Argeles three years ago. It's a steep site, on cliffs, with some difficult access to some pitches which are all on terraces - some quite small and with little room to park vehicles for loading and unloading. Entry from the main road could be tight, but may have been improved. The washblocks were 'colourful' when we had a look - but apparently have been upgraded. The situation is lovely, between Argeles and Collioure, with excellent views from some pitches - but the 'beaches' down from the site are pebble rather than sand. To be honest, if I had children, I don't think it would be my first choice of sites - but everyone is different.

May 30, 2006
Visit site
Stayed at Soleil Plage August 2007,and would certainly go back, we had a loveley huge pitch just back from the river, we were there with my brother and his children, they had a fab time to, one night we took all our food and drink down on the banks of the river and built a couple of bbqs using the rocks it was great fun,next day we had rain and water came up rapidly and covered the whole beach area, it is very safe place for the children to swim as long as you stay close to the shore as the river is very fast moving.

Access to the sight is quite good a bit narrow in places but plenty of areas to pull in to allow vechicles to pass,when you get to the site don't go up the hill to the reception with your caravan,there is plenty of space to leave it at the bottom,we took ours up not knowing any different only to have to reverse in a tight place because of cars parked willy nilly,to all the way back down again because our pitch was on the other side of the site, hope you have a good stay if you decide to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts