Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Jacqui,

I did a search on the kit you suggest and it appears very expensive for a Monocrystalline panel kit. (if it is the same company.

Have a look at www.aireandsun.co.uk.

Top class Kyocera 65w polycrystalline panel kit for

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
A 60 Watt solar cell in combination with a good 85 Ahr + battery will during the three seasons Spring, Summer and Autumn give you sufficient reserves for moderate use of a 15 to 17" TV.

However a small mains type hair drier like my wife's which consumes of the order of 1400 Watts is a wholly different challenge. This is not only from replacing the power it uses but in the inverter and associated massive wiring it would require. Its possible but I suggest impractical and would require typically, taking efficiencies etc into account, 3 to 4 hours of strong UK sunlight to recover from just 5 minutes use.

I feel its not at all realistic and could compromise so much.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
A 60 Watt solar cell in combination with a good 85 Ahr + battery will during the three seasons Spring, Summer and Autumn give you sufficient reserves for moderate use of a 15 to 17" TV.

However a small mains type hair drier like my wife's which consumes of the order of 1400 Watts is a wholly different challenge. This is not only from replacing the power it uses but in the inverter and associated massive wiring it would require. Its possible but I suggest impractical and would require typically, taking efficiencies etc into account, 3 to 4 hours of strong UK sunlight to recover from just 5 minutes use.

I feel its not at all realistic and could compromise so much.
I also recommend getting a genuine Kyocera panel. That way you know its a quality unit together with the necessary cell grouping diodes for good overall performance.

TRENDING THREADS