Somewhere to stop 80 ish miles from Poole heading north

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi y'all

Getting off ferry at Poole in August on a friday night at 22:15 (but will be in french mode so its 23:15 to me). I need to be back in Liverpool for 1pm th enext day at the latest as I am going the game :)
I'm thinking if I drive for 80 miles or so away from Poole to just to get rid of a few miles then that will leave me 200 ish to do the next morning if I start driving about 7.

Question is, where can I stay on/just off A34 heading north.

Chievely services? SEVENTEEN POUNDS????? What is going on?

Any suggestions boys and girls?

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about staying on the dockside at Poole and then setting off early next morning ? Traffic on A350 north can be very slow in morning rush hour, so an early start would be good anyway. look in the ferry timetable to see if your ferry ( probably 'Barfleur') is going back that night or not until next day. If next day, the dockside will be quiet as soon as your fellow passengers have departed.

Then I would go Poole / Blandford / Salisbury / Andover / A303 east to A 34 then Oxford etc. rather than cut across country to M5 from Poole. Very pretty country that way ( I know, I live there) but the suggested way should be quicker especially at sparrowfart.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be inclined to travel from Poole via Wimborne, Ringwood, then M3 to Winchester and pick up A34 at Winchester then M40, M42, and M6 home. That said, and if you choose this route, there is the Sutton Scotney Services some 7 miles north of Winchester on the A34. I often see (living in the area) caravans parked up overnight. I am sure there will be a cost for this which I don't don't know how much, but if it will help I am happy to go and ask and post later. Sutton Scotney Services will be approx 50 miles from Poole.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts